Tuesday, March 8, 2016

BALDWIN FAM ONLY POR FAVOR.-hey mom! today is a day of Cambios in our misión! or transfers. We have been doing great but we have been super busy! I do not have changes but we have been helping prepare for the transfers. also today we went to the capital early in the morning for a district p-day and we were left without much time. I am sorry that i cannot write much today. The good news is that we were able to go to walmart and stock up on some goods.
This week we held the first fast and testimony meeting ever in ixhuatan and had the amazing opportunity to confirm all 6 of the poepled that were baptised last week. We are loving our área and have been super blessed this past week. I am doing well. Thank you for your emails. I read and ponder them throughout the week! I hope that all is well at home. I also spoke with the misión offices this week and they informed me that your package had arrived with them. Thank you for that!

Happy Birthday MOM and DAD! I love you both! I am so grateful for all that you do for me and that You are both faithful to the covenants that you have made with God. I hope that you can celebrate as a family and make a home video of you all singing happy birthday! I miss that! Your gifts should be arriving next week. i will also be writing next week at 11 in the morning Guatemala time. just a heads up! Tell erin that i love her. does she have a drivers lisence?
love Elder baldwin


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today it rained today, but I had the great big blue parka on and took a walk anyway. It was great to get out and walk.
     I gave the lesson today with the combined young women on Days for girls .org and the Hosanna shout.
     Days for girls is a nonprofit organization which empowers girls and is a tool for them to make their own feminine hygiene kits which they can wash and reuse. This keeps them in school which keeps them out of the poverty cycle. Our young women are going to cut out material for the kits. Then we will sew the kits in May which we will put together with the relief society and send off to women around the world.
      We are having a temple dedication on March 20th. We will repeat the Hosanna Shout together. I went over the history of the Hosanna Shout and what it means and when we use it today. 
Dad's birthday is tomorrow, (today Monday) you can wish him Happy birthday, he is 21, I mean 51! I know he is old.
       The Martinez family came and spent the night Saturday. They are in San Diego renting a beach house for the week. All of them were able to go, Jackson is on spring break. It was fun having them here. They will probably stay on the way back next Saturday. Speaking of Jackson, he is liking a girl who recently came home from a mission. Her last name is Tidwell, I knew her dad in high school, weird. They have been seeing each other every other day for the last 2 weeks....... 
       It was great to see Angela and friends baptism picture! Love it! You said you were going to write more about the other 2 families.......
    The scripture I ponderized this last week was Genisis 18:19 19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
    The Lord knew Abraham and trusted him, that is what kind of missionary you are Grant, he trusts you.
 The scripture I have will be ponderizing this week is found in the lesson I am studying in Gospel principals: Lesson 9:Prophets of God  Doctine and Covents: 21:6, when we obey and are obedient, blessings poor down from heaven: For by doing these things the gates of hell shall not prevail against you; yea, and the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you, and cause the heavens to shake for your good, and his name’s glory.

Love you!Xxoxoxoxo💟
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment