Wednesday, April 6, 2016

4/4/2016

This week was incredible! Elder Rodriguez and I have been so richly blessed in our area. I would like to start off by saying thanks for all of the letters and notes that I have been receiving. They mean so much to me! I love to hear from you about your experiences and about how you are doing. 
This past week was jam packed full of awesome and sacred spiritual experiences. Unfortunately I do not think that I will be able to share them all due to the time, But I would like I would like to share a little bit about one of our investigators named Edna. As she was preparing for her baptism this week, we were able to meet with her and her family. On Tuesday we went to visit her, but when we arrived, her sister came out the back door further down along the alley and invited us through the back door, Her name is Fernanda. Before we entered and she welcomed us warmly into the house/backyard/patio she explained that  the family of Edna had come in a surprise visit. We were thrilled !more people to visit. The catch was that the family wasn't aware that Edna had been investigating the church and they were worried what the reaction of the family members might be.   This is a very common occurrence for us and can become a hard circumstance and obstacle for investigators, but we were optimistic. A few minutes later we were able to sit down with them and have an amazing lesson. We were able to resolve some of their concerns and doubts and have a small testimony meeting. It was so powerful . It was so powerful to hear the testimony of Edna and Diana born and shared with their family. They then invited them to attend their baptism and general conference with them on Sunday. It was such a special night. Edna's example to me is huge. Especially  in demonstrating that our commitment to the Lord is not part time. It is part of who we are.

This past Sunday morning we got up early to gather all of the members and investigators into a couple of cars and a bus that we rented to head out to the district center in Cuilapato to watch General Conference. We left early to get good seats. Prior in the week we were really focused teaching about living profits. We were blessed to see our work pay off , 41 people were able to attend with us, that's the highest attendance that we had ever had in any church meeting in Ixhuatan! 
 I am so grateful for living profits ! I am so grateful for the divinely inspired words that we received as the body of the church of our Savior. This priesthood line of communication is such an important very inspired, answers to inspired questions. I am grateful that we learned more about repentance, our divine nature, and identity. That we are as children of a loving how many father, and the power of ordinances that prepare us for eternity.

In between sessions on Sunday we all gathered around the font de baptismo and Edna and her daughter Diana entered into the waters of baptism. The service was special for me to see because I have seen the gospel heal the family. The family members of Edna were also able to attend and witness the baptism as well as the second session of General conference.

We are now working with them and sharing the message of the gospel with their family!

I am so grateful for the words of Dieter F Uckdorf when he shared this. Conference "God sees us as we really are",  worthy of Divine rescue. I invite each of you this week to pay attention to those lost sheep that are around you. Demonstrate the "pure love of Christ" and reach out to them. Be a friend and an example. Through his servants and disciples, the Lord rescues those lost sheep. I know and testify that as you do this you will grow and help others to grow. I hope you all have a great week! 
Love elder Baldwin

----------------
Hey Dad! 
I just wanted to shoot you an Email and let you know How things are going. I am happy to see that all is well at home and that you are continuing the legacy of making bouin and other Baldwin family Classics. This week we have seen so many miracles here in my area. The lights have been going out commonly and we got to travel quite a bit to be able to watch the general conference. We go to a place called Cuilapa where they have computers and semi reliable Internet. the hard part is that is is super hot right now and we cooked watching the reports. It's an experience that i will never forget. I Especially liked the talks given and directed towards the family and  fatherhood. 
I know that i am far away and that my focus is centered on the work of the Lord here, as it needs to be. But I want to let you know that i want to help our family more. Please let me know in the ways that i can support.I have especially been thinking in Erin recently. How is she doing? does she have Support? Are you able to spend time with her? and most importantly what can i do to help her?
I want to let you how much I love you and how much I am thankful for your example and your support for me.You have taught me of my responsibility and of Gods law. While i love to go hunting and be outdoors but  things that I remember are the quality time an conversations that we have had doing those things.
I am Proud of you!
-Elder Baldwin
--------------

Did the baptism go through for Edna and Marlon P.? How is the Solurez family doing? We love your reports on their progress, they help strengthen our resolve to live the gospel.

John 14:16 I will pray the Father and he shall give you another Comforter that he may abide in with you for ever.  This Scripture is the one that I have been ponderizing and will continue to ponderize this week- I feel the subject of the Holy Ghost was one of the major themes of conference, recognizing and acting on the promptings. I acted on promptings/ideas in regards to my calling as Young Women's president. I asked the Laurels yesterday if they wanted to go on a hike for fun. No one took me up on it, but they thanked me for asking. I just keep on inviting people to do things; ward party, community events, etc. 

All of the talks were amazing, in particular: Elder Bednar, Elder Oaks,  Elder Kearon of the 70's was especially powerful on the refugee situation, emphasis on the temple- choosing to listen then act. Dad and I were watching together today, Sunday. Erin was watching conference with Alix and her family at their ranch near Zions. Yesterday, Saturday dad had to work late. I spent the day  watching conference and then went on a jog/hike. It was a great/perfect day weather wise- 70 degrees. Today was another perfect day. It has been a good spring. We have cooled down during the last month without getting too hot. This week it will hit the 80s again, but then rain and cool down again at the end of the week.

Love you!!!!! I hope you were able to have a peaceful and great Sabbath with conference and the baptisms💟
Love Mom

Jordan had his baby on Tuesday March 29th, Cole's Birthday! So funny Hugh? His name is Christian Robert






No comments:

Post a Comment