Tuesday, April 26, 2016

4/25/2016

Hey mom! this week has been Great.We have been very busy! My new companion is Elder Rodriguez( yes he is a different elder) from El Salvador. He is a great missionary and we are having a great time here in our beloved ixhuatan. Our district is great! there are 10 missionaries and they are all awesome! for mothers day we still have not received any information but we will be calling. unfortunately today we do not have much time but I promise that next week we will have more time to write. 
-------------------------------
Dad! Thanks for all of your Support! it is an amazing opportunity to serve other the other missionaries here in our mission. My new companion is also named Elder Rodriguez! he is from El Salvador. He is a stud and A really Great missionary. This week has been busy! we have left our area every day except for yesterday. That means that we get up at 4:15 am every day and take an early bus. one day we were able to travel to an area called nueva santa rosa and translate for a catholic medical mission from the US. It was a great experience to help people and really see in more detail how truly humble the people here are and how little they really have. We are so blessed to live were we do. There are not words to describe how valuable it is to be educated and to houses that are secure and basic medical care. Our area is doing well. When i came here we were dreaming of the day that a branch could be created in Ixhuatan and  yesterday My president told me that he had submitted papers to create a branch in our area. it is still not official but I am so excited to see the miracles that the lord has worked for the people here in the mountains of Guatemala. 
mom says that you guys made a surprise in the house this week. You should probably tell me whats up though because is sounds like you guys will be moving to preston soon anyway right? 
--------------------------------------------------
Congratulations on becoming a DL. You'll be great. This is when all of your priesthood leadership experience kicks in. From the time you were a deacon until you left you were being prepared.
Who is your new comp? I know you guys will do well together. I am thrilled with the way the Lord is blessing your companionships with great opportunities and miracles. It is all based on obedience and faith.
Shawn Knutson texted me out of the blue this weekend. He says they miss us and they have decided that we are supposed to move into Brent Perry's home. I talked to Jim last night. He says hi. He's working on getting the model A going. Repainting it and rebuilt the brakes. Ive been doing some painting at our place too.
Well,  I can't wait to hear about your week. Have a great week and be safe. Listen to the spirit in all you do. We love you. Dad
----------------
You have had almost a week as a district leader, I hope you are feeling the love and peace and enabling power of the atonement in this new calling. The Lord qualifies whom he calls right? You have an amazing spirit and love for this calling. You were going to tell us some details of your new companion and now district, can't wait to hear it.

This week has been a busy one here at home. We had a major project to work on the last 3 days and dad is such a hard worker. He did an amazing job and worked nonstop. Erin wants it to be a surprise for when you get home in a year so I will not tell you what the project is. Erin and I helped with this project too, but dad took 3 days off and was working around the clock on it. 
Dad can do anything, from mechanics, carpentry, electronics, plumbing ( ha,Ha,ha) I am so fortunate I married a jack of all trades, plus being spiritual, fun, athletic and humble. You are the same way----you are an amazing catch.

Grandma asked me the weirdest question in her text a couple of days ago, she asked, "Are all of the people he teaches short?" We love the pictures, I wish we could talk to your people. I assume Carlos and Carlitos are still going strong!? It is so exciting you get to stay in the country in this place you have been since October/November right?

Next week in Young womens I am giving the lesson on the the importance of living prophets. Elder Bednar's talk on "Chosen to bear testimony of  My Name" is a great talk I emailed it to through LDS.org

On May 8th, in 2 weeks, we get to talk again, do you think we will be able to skype again?

Jackson's birthday was the 23rd and Kelly's is the 29th of April.

We love you! 
MOM💟💟

No comments:

Post a Comment