Friday, July 1, 2016

This week we have been super blessed! This week we worked hard as a zone to be prepare for a "white-night" baptism together as a zone! to begin the week there were 15 people preparing to be baptized. On Wednesday and all in one night we received 4 phone calls in a row and we found out that every person that was preparing to be baptized had decided that they weren't able to be able to baptized for different reasons. Needless to say it was a little discouraging. Later that night we decided to have a conference call with all of the missionaries in our zone. We Prayed together and decided that we were going to fast as a zone for each of those people that were planning to be baptized that weekend. So we made plans and carried out the fast and worked hard to help throughout the week to help those investigators to overcome their problems. As we did so we began to see miracles pass in our zone. The hand of the lord was shown in each of our lives and many of those people were able receive answers to their prayers and have a change of heart. On Saturday we held the baptismal service and it was so spiritual! 10 people were able to enter into the waters of baptism! I know that the Lord answers Prayers and That he knows us! We are blessed with miracles each day. I want to invite each of you to look for the blessings and miracles that are in your daily lives! There are so many! I hope that all is well and that you each have a great week!
Elder Baldwinl


6/25/2016

Hello Elder Grant,

Another week has flown by! Erin and McCali are getting ready to go to Cole Mayoros's farewell, he leaves July 13th. I wouldn't mind Erin and Cole M seeing if they would pursue a relationship when he comes home......Erin has a talk in sacrament meeting today on the insights she learned at Youth Conference. I will record it for you.

There has been a fire raging the last week in the Pine Valley area--it is on the east side of the mountain. It is very serious and threatening the homes of the area. The camp ground is closed and only local traffic is allowed. The red cross is setting up in Central. The stake President has asked for prayers to temper the elements. There has been no rain with wind and hot temps--100 degrees up here in Dammeron. So, I decided to fast, not just pray, even though I had some chips right when I woke up today, I can still start my fast now, it is the only thing I can do--. I can smell the smoke from our house, I hung out clothes to dry last night and they smell like camp fire....so pray for our stake.

Erin and I went to Tuachann Monday, this time we saw Peter Pan which was great, we have one more show to go in August, Hunch Back. Dad does has not interest what so ever to go, sadly.

Dad is at Lake Powell with the Schiffmans, Kurt, and the boys and Camilla went down Friday. Patty, Erin and I are leaving this afternoon. I am so happy because I can go to church and take the sacrament.

I have had a goal to go to the temple with names I have researched on family search from our descendants and since January I have been doing it😆. It has been addicting getting on family search and utilizing all of the search engines. I love it! Yesterday I wen to do baptisms for the dead for some of our line on Grandma Barlow's side. Erin did the confirmations because she just got her hair done and she didn't want the chlorine to damage her hair, she had just had Patty color her hair. Next week we have the Barlow Slip and Slide Reunion on the first of July. Cole and Emily are coming to Bountiful to stay for a couple of days, later on that Saturday we are going to the Bountiful temple to do initiatories for the people I did baptisms for. 

Thank you for the pictures...you look great! Keep up the great work!
Love you💟😆💟

XXOOxoxoxo
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment