Monday, September 19, 2016

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Dear mom,

 This week has been really great! We have been so blessed as missionaries in our area. To start off the week we Had an awesome experience Monday with Victor. During the day on Monday we weren't able to solidify plans with him to meet at night because we couldn't get a hold of him. We made other plans for the evening that were more realistic. Victor lives far away in an Aldea where there are not buses after 7:00pm. Our worry was that we weren't going to be able to make it back to Jutiapa in the night time. I was studying before we left the house and I felt the impression that we should visit Victor. So we called and nobody answered. So we continued with our plans thinking that all was done. When we left we knelt at the door of our Upstairs apartment and Prayed that we would be able to contact Victor and that we would be led by the spirit to fulfill with our responsibility as missionaries. As we left and were walking down one of the cobble streets here in Jutiapa, I had the prompting to call Victor one more time. I obeyed and the call rang until His voicemail answered. Confused I put the phone down and then the thought came to me to call his member Girlfriend who's name is Ana. She called and excitedly told us that Victor was at his house and that we could visit and that they would give us a ride back to Jutiapa after the lesson. We literally ran to a Sardine-like packed bus and flew out to San Antonio. We arrived without breath and they welcomed us in! Our lesson was spiritual and Guided by the spirit. The Lord had prepared the heart of Victor and he accepted the challenge to be baptized Saturday! His baptism was spiritual and he was confirmed Sunday in our ward conference. 

In doctrine and covenants is says:​​  
 10 And now come, saith the Lord, by the Spirit, unto the elders of his church, and let us reason together, that ye may understand;

 11 Let us reason even as a man reasoneth one with another face to face.

 12 Now, when a man reasoneth he is understood of man, because he reasoneth as a man; even so will I, the Lord, reason with you that you may understand.


We are constantly invited to Pray and to speak honestly and openly with our Heavenly Father. I know that as we turn to him in fervent prayer he can "reason with us so that we can understand". He answered our prayer for victor and Guided us to know what we needed to do. I know that this church is true! Want to invite each of you to remember how great of an honor and privilege it is to speak with God, and that you may do it more this week. 
Love Elder Baldwin

                                                                              Victor- Baptized 9/17/16

Dear Grant,

I love hearing you and your voice, it is the next best thing to skyping:)thanks for your pictures!!!!
Great to hear about Aleena and her son. Looking forward to hearing her progress; still on the 24th?
Victor sounds good, was he baptized? _______ baptism for Sept. 30th.? Julie, Ronanda, and Jennifer? 
Did you buy a Sombria? 
How was your singing and talking at the Zone Conference.?

I am reviewing the 3 steps you sent:
1=do I believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ? that he is the living son of the living God?
2= Do i believe that Joseph smith is a prophet of God?
3= Do I believe that the book of mormon is the word of God?- trying to incorporate them every day. We sang "praise to the Man" and I had a witness that Joseph Smith is a prophet. After I was one of the speakers, I had excerpts of your mission of your testimony, inviting people etc. Thank you so much for providing most of my talk. Afterwards people came up to me and thanked me for your words--see today you influenced so many people from near and far today:)
The missionaries taught Cara today- the 5th lesson instead of the -(her baptism is set for October 4th- so Erin can be there. It is a Tuesday night."commandments/chastity, they spoke on missionary work. I love having them in our home. I do not want it to end- this is the first time we have had missionaries regularly. I wish we could have had them over regularly when we were living in Preston.
Dad, Erin and I went to the Rodeo- the St. George Round up. It was pale compared to the Preston Rodeo. 

Love, 
💟
💟💟💟💟

No comments:

Post a Comment