Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Dear People,

This week has been awesome! We have been so richly blessed in Jutiapa. Early this week we decided that as missionaries in our zone we were going to focus on serving the members of our wards and branches. So we committed to serve members for at least and hour each day. We started by helping a family clean the church this past Monday and from there we cut the grass -Guatemalan style with machetes- painted, cleaned dishes, homes, pushed wheelchairs and lifted a thousand heavy things for the relief society. We enjoyed it and the members in our ward got a laugh our of the missionaries cleaning up for everybody. I can honestly say that I Love the people here in our area. They are the best. At some point this week somebody asked us why we were using our time to do chores that seem to have little merit. We responded with smiles that the if we serve with real intent we are serving the Lord. And that there is nothing that has more merit in the world, He paused, thought about is for a moment and then said, "Elders I am lawyer, When you need any help getting people married come and talk with me and we will get it solved, I cant do much to serve physically with my strength - He is elderly- but I can do something! "
WE are working still with Miriam, Yuli, and Gabriel. They each have baptismal date for this coming Saturday!

I hope your all have a great Week. Elder Baldwin




No comments:

Post a Comment