Saturday, November 19, 2016

This week has been really good! we have been working really hard. This week we had transfers and so I woke up very early and left Jutiapa around 3 in the morning on Monday! After a few hour bus ride and a taxi ride we got to the chapel in Montufer in Guatemala. After that I got a clip board (which is pretty official) and we organized all the taxis for Our mission for the next day! My new companions name is Elder Burns. He is from Highland Utah and he is A stud! He is my first Companion from the United States and we are really hitting it off! My new area is called the Villa. Its very modern and has a lot of commercial businesses. This week I have been getting to know our area and we have be working hard. We are teaching a young family right now who are doing great! The kids names are Erica, Stella, and Jasmine. They are doing good! We challenged them to be baptized this next week! Things are busy and we are doing great! I love you guys and I hope that you have a great week!



_____________________________

This was sent to us last week:) you are official now. I hope hope you are enjoying your transfer. You sounded a little melancholy; it would be hard to leave your people. Many are close to baptism and you have developed ties with such great people, but you mentioned you might be able to attend their baptisms right?

I am excited to have you in the mission home! From a mother;s perspective, I see my son under the care of many mothers at the mission home, especially around the holidays ðŸ˜‰.
As you mentioned, you will also have access to more advanced computers in order to work on school stuff if time permits. Writing essays down, taking a picture, us editing and pasting and then sending off; I still think will be the best bet for you though.

We have only 2 days of school left and then we have Thanksgiving break. ðŸ¦ƒ! We are staying at home for Thanksgiving. I have pre-ordered a 16 pound turkey and I have purchased some secret brine recipe from Cracker Barrell. I even have some pumpkin salt and pepper shakers and a turkey platter, all ordered from of course, Amazon.com. (not the Turkey-but it could be....) Cole and Emily are coming down. Erin and dad will probably go Elk hunting Wednesday. Possibly Cole, dad, Erin and Emily might go Friday! if Emily goes, I might go, we will see. I really want us to go to the temple and do baptisms like you have suggested we do. We still have not gone as a family; it is one of my goals. I went to the temple twice this week. On Wednesday, I met Madlyn Haws. Her and I are achievement day leaders for the 8-11 year old girls.


Love you!!!!!xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo💟💟💟💟

No comments:

Post a Comment