Saturday, December 3, 2016



This week has been really great! This past week We have seen so many miracles! Ericka was baptized this last week on Sunday and her baptism is was amazing (although a little cold)! our ward helped her have and amazing experience. She has continued progressing this week! Yesterday we visited her family and taught the atonement! She expressed how thankful she is to be able to know the gospel and we all felt the spirit so strongly! Another Great experience that we had this week was yesterday in the evening! Yesterday, We helped with a training meeting that was given and ended the day very late due to the traffic that clogs the street here during this time of the year. We only had time to make one visit by the time that we arrived to our area. We felt impressed to go visit a recent convert that had dropped off of the map these last few months. We both hesitated to go because he lives way up on the border of our area. After a moment of contemplation, we followed the promptings and took off running though the traffic, dodging cars and playing hopscotch through the streets until we got to his house. We shared a lesson based on Eternal Families and the temple. As we talked, the spirit was so strong, and a little ways into the lesson Caterina (the wife) shared with us that she has been noticing a major change in her husband and children since they have joined the church. She said that she hoped that one day she too would be able to be a member of the true church! She accepted a Baptismal Invitation for Christmas eve and we are working as hard as we can to help here progress! I know that God Blesses us and that when we lack wisdom, we can ask and receive! 
I love you all and hope that you have a great week! 
Elder Baldwin



------------------------

Dad and I sent you a voice recording, it was actually Friday night, last night, not Saturday night.
Loved your voice message, if you can keep them up.

It has been cold here this last week, I jogged in the morning before school and it was 27 degrees, but I was warm. There has been a dusting of snow and snow in the mountains. I love the cold and I am glad for the reprieve of the 100 degree weather. 

Yesterday at my school we had a silent auction. The money raised goes for needy students' families in our school, so sub for Santa's for them. I spent 203.00! I am going to use my purchased items as gifts for the neighbors, visiting/home teaching and Erin's friends for Christmas gifts.

We are having a Christmas program/party on Dec. 17th. Instead of being assigned the names, this year they want us to think of nonmember names we know and them to Brother Everett(ward mission leader) and then we give a treat/bread to them with an invitation to the party. I have thought of 8; I can use the baked goods from the auction to give to them;). I think this is a better idea than trying to give you people you do not know an invite. It was so forced, fake and ungenuine: Every year, only once, to come to the same people's door and say "Yes, it is me again, inviting you to our the Christmas party, see you next year:)."

Speaking of Christmas, I assume we are going to be skyping from the mission home? We will be at Angie's or Grandpa and Grandma Bar lows on Christmas day so that will be fun if we get to skype.

this Christmas no package😕, but Grandma and grandpa sent me 50.00 and we will send 100.00 so I will let you know when it is in you debit account. It will be in addition to the 200.00 that is normally in your account.

Love, 
Mom xxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment