Monday, June 5, 2017

Dear family!

This week has been great! I will try to write all that I can but as usual I am in a race against time!

This past week was great! i was able to visit ixhuatan last week to say goodbye to converts and Friends! It was a great experience! One of the highlights was that I was able to see the chapel that they are building. I have had the blessing to see the área progress from a simple two hour meeting on sunday with around 10 poeple to a branch with almost all the organizations full of callings to new members of the church!

This week we also have been running around like crazy in our area to get to all of our appointments. I truly love this work! A few weeks ago I knocked a door and contacted a man named Eddy Berto. At first when I saw his reaction I was skeptical but he invited us in and we began to talk about the plan of salvation with him. He then told us that he is member of the church and after the lesson we planned to return and visit his wife and daughter as well. Their names are Carolina and Ruth.

Since then we have visited the family regularly and they are progressing very quickly! Yesterday we felt inspired to visit them when we had not placed an appointment. During the lesson we invited them to be married and baptized this weekend and They accepted. Today Eddy went to El Salvador to get the paperwork necessary and we made planes to help them get married on Saturday and baptize them this coming Sunday! We are hoping and praying that everything goes well!


Today we are going to travel to the capital and stay the night because we have a conference with Elder Dale G Renlund tomorrow morning! Its going to be a busy week and we are very excited to be able to work until the last hour!

I love this work! I am thankful for our Savior. I Know that He lives and that through his atonement we can change to become what Heavenly Father wants us to become. It requires a recognition of our nothingness, of Gods greatness and our best effort.

We can honor Him in the way we live!


Love
Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment