Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 21 2015 Week 2

Whole-ah Granty. Got your letter last week. sounds like you are gonna be a porker for a while. Glad to hear all is going well. I guess by now you are understanding a lot more. have you got to leave the confines yet? How are your feet? Hopefully they are healed up good. How many hours a day are you sudying the language vs studying the gospel? Do you have everything you need? Just bear down and study and it will begin clicking before long and you'll start understanding some of the side chatter. Once that happens, you'll know you are on your way.
I was thinking about when Cole went out and how I was  in the middle of finishing the house, working, working on my masters degree, and getting ready to move. I had so much going on that I did not take the time to write quite as often as I wanted. It is nice to be able to right now as things are a little calmer.

Bishop assigned me to be over reactivating members. We are in the middle of putting together an army of ward missionaries. So far it's Hukill, Eardly, and Brazeal. This is gonna get pretty intense. Gonna be fun.

I went to CalRanch and scored 1500 rounds of 22s this past weekend. 3 boxes of 500. Shane is a cool guy. 
We spake to Cole and Emily and they have started a little online company that will give them a little income. They are doing well and will be coming back soon. Bret and I have 7 tags between us:) eight if I buy erin a spike tag. They changed the rule this year so we can shoot a cow during the spike season. Bret can during deer season too since he drew out for a buck there. Although I will likely wait for cold weather.
Don't want to distract you but thought you would like to hear of the fortune brought about by your service. Things are well here. The dog had a name change. Since it is cute and stupid I call it Cupid. 
Well, Hang in there. Pray for help. You are entitled to inspiration in all you do. Remember the Lord has a plan and you are his hands. be worthy for guidance and practice acting on the promptings you get. Some people get confused between their own thoughts and promptings of the Hooly Ghost. As you practice acting upon the promptings, you'll find that they are one in the same. When you get a thought to act, it is a prompting. 
Hukill says to say hi. He sure loves you and misses you. All is well here. We love you son. Do good stuff. Love Dad.


Hello family! The week has been amazing! Things are busy in the CCM
and they its just starting to heat up! tomorrow we are supposed to get
a whole load of new norte  elders as well as a ton of latino elders!
It will double the number of missionaries in the ccm i think. It
should be amazing! I love guatemala! we had to opportunity to to walk
down the road to a small tienda this week and shop around for things.
Everybody we meet is super friendly and it is humbling talking to
them. We do our best to share messages but im not entirely sure they
understand what we say. Its good though! It really makes me appreciate
the latinos and maestros here in the ccm because they pronounce every
word slowly and precisely. Mom dont worry about the food situation. we
just eat what we want and then give the rest to somebody that will eat
the leftovers! some of the latino elders have competions of who can
eat the most so it works out great. My district has 8 elders and 2
hermanas. We all do great togather and love our teachers. One of my
maestros, hermano maquin, just told me a few minutes ago that we will
be getting new teachers after tomorrow. Sundays are by far my favorite
days here! The spirit is so strong throughtout the entire day. We all
prepare lessons and teach each other in the morning and prepare
talks(in spanish) for sacrament just in case we are called to speak.
Most of the meeting for the nortes are still given in english for us
on sundays as well so it is nice to be able to understand and
participate on a deeper level.We usually have 3 devotionals on sunday
in the evening and one in the evening on PDAY. We have had the
opportunity to go to the temple twice now. It is amazing! another
highlight of the week. The temple is right next to the ccm but it is
tiny! It is probably about the size of the dammeron valley ward
building, Maybe smaller. It is very beatiful though. It rains here all
the time! i love it. The rainstorms are insane! I have never seen it
rain so hard in my life! the weather is very nice though. Humid but
cool!my companion and i have been teaching three investigators! they
have all commited to baptisms and out lessons are improving as our
spanish improves! We probably study for around 12 hours a day. right
now all of our daily lesson are in spanish and by next week sundays
and devotionals will be given to us in spanish as well.The language
has been hard to try to learn but I am really trying to push myself.
It seems as if i still havent even started but as i look back to the
day that i arrived here i realize that i have learned a lot. It would
not be possible for me without the lords help. This is truly his
work.. It has been a very humbling expience.  I wish i could share
with you the spirit that is felt here. I am so grateful for this
opportunity to serve a mission! I know that this is the true church. I
know that Christ lives. I know God loves more than we can comprehend
and that he will help us if we turn to him in our moment of need. Love
you all!    Elder Baldwin.



From Erin 7.21, 2015
hey bud. im thinking norte means north. just a guess. missionaries from up here. the u.s. i have mcconel for math and myers for spanish 2. their cool right?


No comments:

Post a Comment