Friday, July 31, 2015



Dearest Grant,

    Anita, Erin and I were able to find the best 3 day tropical getaway!  It was so fun. Lori Talbot was able to find us an amazing deal on 3 tickets that flew from St. George to Florida from their we were able to fly to a remote island in the Caribbean! So amazing! It was a quick trip but worth it!


Love you Grant!


     We are getting ready for Grandma and Grandpa Barlow's farewell. They are speaking twice, once at 9:00am in their old  24th ward and again at 1:00 in their new" Dry Creek ward". We are going to the 9:00am because I need to take dad to the shuttle Leaving from Salt Lake at 12:15. We drove up to Kaysville Friday together and he has to be back to work Monday. He is coming up to Preston Wednesday night and we are going to the Rodeo on Thursday. Kelly, and family are also coming up to the Rodeo on Thursday so that will be a lot of fun. Erin and I are staying at Angie's until Tuesday and then we are heading up to Preston that night and staying with Jody.
    We had the annual water slide yesterday and Grandpa Barlow's church hill. It was a lot of fun with the exception of dad, on his first run down the hill he was trying to break the record of who could slide the furthest, was challenged and slid down on his stomach, hit a bump in the right place and hurt his rib!!!! So he has been miserable since. Cole and i just dropped dad off at the Harts gas station and was able to send him home in the front seat, hopefully that will help. He will have to go and take a picture to make sure it wasn't cracked--in order to ensure the that the lung wasn't damaged. One more accident insurance claim :) we have accumulated a lot this year!
    Grandma and grandpa had great talks and spoke from the heart about spiritual self reliance and the power of the priesthood and being humble. He used a quote from Gordon B. Hinkley couldn't find the exact quote but here are two similar quotes"Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others...By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves.” 


“It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.” 
       Love you Elder Grant!
P.S. How are your feet?
      And Erin, Anita and I really went to "little Jamaica by Mesquite off of the interstate---45 min. away☺☺
mom








Grant Baldwin

Jul 29 (2 days ago)
to megrant.justDaxton
its so good to hear from all of you! I'm glad to hear that all of you
are keeping things exciting back in Utah! This week has gone by so
fast its hard to believe that I'm back in this little lab struggling
with the computers all over again! I love it though. Last Tuesday
evening we had the opportunity to have a devotional with elder Ochoa(
Idon't know how to spell his name) of the seventy. our devotionals are
great because the ccm is so small that we all get to participate. He
talked to us about the importance of Faith in the lord Jesus Christ.
We talk about this principle everyday in the ccm but I don't think i
could ever hear enough about faith. He bore testimony to us and the
spirit was Incredible!! After Tuesday our days consisted of more
teaching our ccm investigators and learning. We get to sit down and
learn for like 12 hours everyday, but the good news is I Have never
slept this good in my entire life! on Saturday my companion and I were
teaching lessons for most of the day. It was a lot of fun! Sunday was
awesome this week. Pretty much all of our meetings are in Spanish now.
A group of missionaries that are leaving next week sang a hymn in
English during sacrament meeting. It was so good to hear English music
and the feeling that it brought to room was powerful. Yesterday
evening Elder Felebella from the first quorum of the 70 came and spoke
to us. His message to us was about teaching with power. Our testimony
and experience of living according to principles gives us the power to
share them with others! It was another amazing devotional! we were
given headsets for translation but i feel like i could understand it
more clearly in Spanish.My Spanish has so far to improve but it gave
me a little comfort to realize that i could understand much of what he
was saying! today we went to the temple again! I appreciate the
experience of attending the temple more each time I go. I am so blessed
to be able to go each week while i am in the ccm! Mom my feet are
doing just dandy! they have been healed for a few weeks. I have
everything I need but I did forget that Spanish verb book on my
nightstand. I would give anything for that book right now! I'm doing
great and Loving the Opportunity i have to be Here! I know that this
is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that God lives and that he
loves us. I Love all of you and keep all of you in my prayers! -elder


angmartinez@comcast.net

Jul 30 (1 day ago)
to me
Yea !! His feet are good. That's so nice to hear right ? And .... I remember Jackie writing the exact same thing in the very beginning. Something along the lines of being so tired that he was a sleep before his head hit the pillow. 
Think about it tho- they are emotionally - mentally and spiritually exhausted! 
He sounds super happy tho- you can't ask for more. 
Ang

Sent from my iPhone















No comments:

Post a Comment