Sunday, August 2, 2015


WEEK 5
8/4/2015
Just Got your letters and read them last night!
Thank you so much! It means the world to me and especially Erin, I just mailed Cole's today. 
You Sound SOOOOOO HAPPPY AND GOOD!
Thanks again for your words of encouragement for the coming school year, I think back on the blessing you gave me and it brings me peace and comfort.
We can't send packages to the CCM, so I want to send you a birthday package, but it will be late and I will send it to the mission home and they can deliver it to you.  Is there a particular way I should send the package---to I put pictures of Mary etc.?
xoxoxoxox
mom
--------------------------------------
Hello Elder Grant!
   

What does CCM stand for?

Your Spanish sounds like it is coming along fine, you are too hard on yourself---give yourself some slack, it has only been 3 weeks; and the spirit accelerates and you have the gift of tongues, when you do your part Heavenly Father helps. So glad you love Guatemala-sounds to different and interesting.
The MTC(CCM?) is so powerful! You are right the spirit is so strong, there is nothing else like it! Take advantage of it and savor it, there will never be another time in your life where you will be able to be filled like this.  It is comparable to when the savior went into the wilderness(CCM) for 40 days before his ministry--he was spiritually fed and then ready to resist temptation and start proselyting. 
      So grateful you get to attend the temple,Do You get to go every week? So great!
I love the fact that you get to teach investigators in the CCM! I did not have that opportunity in the MTC. So these investigators and not mock, they are real? Have they been baptized yet?
    So glad you are sleeping well
You are being filled with the spiritual experiences--devotionals, general/area authorities! So Awesome.

Thank you for relieving my mind about the food situation. Hope your are eating healthy and feeling good.

Erin and I were able to go to Angie Barlow's (Brad's wife, Brad is my cousin) Sister's house on the Snake river on Tuesday!!!! It was so fun, I skied -the water was glass, Erin and I paddle board and we went off this fun slide that went into the river.
Then Dad, Jim and I went to the Rodeo in Preston with the Martinez's, they want to make it a tradition, Dad had so much fun he stayed and went to the Rodeo again so he could watch the air show. We are going to sacrament today(dad up in Riverdale, Erin and I at the Martinez's ) and then we will drive home together today(Sunday) Dad drove up Wednesday in a rental car, the Honda had a recall on the airbags so while they were fixing it dad was able to take a rental up to Idaho--sweet savings on wear and tare of the Honda.
   I had my high school reunion last night, I went to some of it and then to Marcia's wedding in SLC with Melissa.
   Yesterday Erin, Gray, Autumn and I played fun games at Grandma's ---I bought a game on clearance called "gooey Louie---so fun-you pull buggers out if they come out clear, you are safe if a bugger catches, the guys brain blows out and you lose. I know, you wish you could play it.:)

Love you!
Xooxoxoxoxox

Mom
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear grant-8/2/2015
I'm up late making peanut butter bars to mail off for Jackson's last package. It's a special request that he made last week in his email. I guess he can't wait 2.5 more weeks to have one here at home :-)
It got me thinking about you and wondering how you are doing . I'm so proud of you . You are such a great kid. I've loved reading your emails . It sounds like you are trying your best and making the most of your situation . I'm so happy that you are feeling the spirit .
I remember right before Jackson left our neighbors had some good advice for him. They were mission presidents in the Philippines. They told Jackson to be obedient and all would be well. It was the best advice they could have given him.
I know this to be true. We are blessed when we are obedient. You will be protected and happy if you follow the rules and always pray. I hope you have a great week. We love you and are praying for you.

Love
Aunt Ang
-------------------------
8/4/2015
This week has been another busy week in the CCM! (centro de capacitacion misional). To start it off our streak of healthy living ended when the entire mtc caught what is we have been calling montazumas revenge. I got it on Tuesday night but i was back in class later in the evening on wednesday! It was pretty rough but thankfully it was just for a day. they treat everything here with Gatorade! 
Other that this week has been fairly normal! we have been teaching more lessons. our investigators are all members that act the part. We always treat them as if they are real investigators. we have been studying Spanish like crazy! there is so much to learn but we all love it! I will say that i wish that i had that verb book that Dad gave me! 
Yesterday a couple of us got to leave the ccm to go to immigration and sign for our visas! I loved being able to get out of the ccm and into my mission area. Immigrations was sort of like a DMV building. We were talking to all the people that we could! It was so much fun, Everybody we talked to was super friendly and willing to talk to us about the church. It really got all us us fired up it was neat because i think i was actually in my mission area. 
in the city there all a bunch of mini mountains kind of separate areas. Its super green. There are pine trees all over too which really surprised me! the drivers here are pretty wild and  they love to use the horn. Also every other car seems like it has some sort of siren on it so there are always sirens going off. I don't think that they are all emergency vehicles but are always on they road. Today we were supposed to go to the central market but it was cancelled because of the upcoming election. The ccm president ended up just buying us all pizza and we had a big volleyball tournament out in the compound. also This morning a big group of missionaries left so it has been quite quiet all day long!Tomorrow there is another large group that will be arriving. If all of them come the ccm will be over capacity and there is a possibility that my district will move into a house down the street by the temple for our final two weeks.It will be exciting to see what will happens, Tonight we are going to have a devotional broadcast from Utah. we don't know who is going to be speaking to us but I am very excited! When does school start for Erin and mom? I got your letter yesterday! thank you so much it was amazing to hear from you. As far as packages go I'm not sure about stickers or anything Like that. I think it would be best to send it to my mission home. If you can please send that Spanish verb book. and candy!
Love elder Baldwin

CCM Picture 8/2015
Grant's District








No comments:

Post a Comment