Sunday, August 30, 2015












8/24/2015Wow---your first week out right?

I loved the pictures! Thank you! Your Mission President and his wife feel so loving and great!

You look happy and a little shiny, I spoke with Mr. McConnell on back to school night and he asked about you and he did mention that he was sticky his mission, all the time, so just plan on that but you will adapt. You are blessed that you sweat because you will cool off better and feel better.:) How is your water situation, do you have a water system in your apartment?

   I sent you 2 walmart watches in the mail, Let's hope they make it. Have you received your birthday package yet? I have not been pasting Mary pictures on it, let me know if you think I need to in the future. I tried to see if the Walmart would deliver packages to the mission home--doesn't look like it, can you find out? Is the Walmart in your mission?
     We went to Jackson's homecoming today--he has broadened up as you can tell by the pictures. He misses you and is sorry he has to wait 4 years to see you, he is the same old Jack though in many ways----simple to the point, doesn't want a lot of spinning details. Before Jackson's talk, the choir sang "because I have been given much" and the choir director asked anyone who wanted to come and and sing, come up----you know it Grandma went up and sang, so did J.J. Kelly and Angie flew him in for the weekend, J.J. leaves to go back to Alaska, tomorrow. J.J.had his first date Saturday night.It was with Emilee Bott--she just came home from her mission from Peru, this is the girl who J.J. really has liked for years...YES Emilee is going to BYU with her sister, J.J. plans on taking her out when he gets home at the end of the month----pray for him that it works out.
      Jackons talk lasted 14 min. he split it with another returned missionary. Jack did a fantastic job, he is so real and to the point it was on a change of heart.. I will type his talk and send it to you next week.

LOVE YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!! hope you can bake your cake!💟🎁🎉 xoxxoxo
MOM
-------------------------------
Te Mandan saludos desde Bountiful y kaysville. Hope all is well in your area with your companion. Who is he and where is he from? Maybe you already sent that info but I didnt get it if you did. How id the food? Are you able to get many investigators? Do you have someone who cooks for you? I'm interested in all the details. Hope you are eating and feeling well. 

Also want to wish you a happy 19th birthday. It's a pretty weird feeling having a birthday in a foreign country. I guess you have seen enough down there to really appreciate what you have here. In a way, it is so much better being among those people because they are humble and appreciate the smallest of blessings. 

So we have called Mike Hukill as a ward missionary along with Eardley. But Eardley wanted time to think about it and has not given the bishop an answer. I sure hope he accepts so we can rock this place. I am trying to build a missionary army here to really shake up Dammeron Valley. I don't care if they reject us. But it will be cool to see who comes back or joins in the process. 

Last Thursday I spent the day with Grayson. He stated that I am definetly on track to promote within the next 2 years. He said that idaho will be open, unless something crazy happens. Which, it likely will, but I at least have something to hope for. Keep me in your prayers to make that happen. I already asked Jim if I can stay with him if it happens before Erin graduates. If it is in 2 years, you'll just be getting home and heading off to school. 

We had fun at the Martinezes this weekend. Jack is still the same ole Jack, but more mature and seasoned with a mission behind him. I spent several hours at cabelas yesterday to kill some time. Was able to soak it all in and enjoy the day. Grandma and Grandpa Barlow asked a lot about you. They are doing well. Joseph had a date with a very cute young lady last night. His business is doing very well in Alaska. I talked to him about Jim going up there next year. 

My ribs are slow to heal. I start this week trying to go to the gym to prepare for October. We will see what happens. I have gotten in to better habits in terms of studying. I need to study my spanish more oo. I hope you get that verb book and your watches this week. 

Well, we love you son. So proud of you and your dedication. You are in our prayers daily. Remember to live and act so that the Holy Ghost can work through you. Have a great week. Voy a matar la perra por ser estupida y porque esta danando mi jardin. 

---------------------------
8/24/2015
Hello from the streets of guatemala!
Wow! this week has been such a roller coaster! tuesday we all woke up early at the CCM and got on a bus. we drove to a small chapel that was like 30 minutes away. there we met president caffarro and his wife! they are super nice and i am excited that he will be my mission president for all of my mission. We had a few orientations and the met our trainers! my companions name is elder antonio from mexico city! we get along well! There is still a large language gap for me but every day little by little I understand a little more! Right now i am living in a town called mixco (i think). we are reopening an area called the boulevard! It has been closed for almost a year.there is much work to be done here! there is a beautiful church build and there are more than 500 members! but only about 10% are active. it is a very humble area of the city. the houses mostly small and made of concrete or tin. We eat at the bishops mother in laws house usually twice a day. The food to definetly something im adjusting to but it is good! almost all meals have beans, rice, eggs, and tortilllas or bread. sometimes we have chicken and i think that we had some chicken hearts once but I am often in the dark as to what is happening around me because of the language barrier. in the apartment we have a shower ( cold water) and a concrete sink. we only drink purified water and I have a purified bottle tambien.
Because we are opening an area we do not have a ton of investigators right now but the work is good!One of our investigators is a  hermana whos family is all members and are taking steps to become active again in the mission. Her name is rosalia she has a strong desire to follow the lord and have a more unified family. I am so excited for her! we are doing all we can to help here progress down the strait and narrow path of the lord. 
Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!I love all of you so much! i am doing well here.












Grant Baldwin

Aug 24 (6 days ago)
to me
Dad! I am so sorry i havent written you much. i have a letter prepared every week but my time is always so short .i want you to know that i love you and i miss you. you are an amazing example to me and i think about you often. It is good to hear that you are progressing in work. I miss the time that we spent togather doing the things that we both love! i Pray for you every day. Love elder baldwin.


No comments:

Post a Comment