Sunday, August 30, 2015

8/31/15

Stephen Baldwin

3:56 PM (1 hour ago)
to me


From: Grant Baldwin [mailto:grant.baldwin@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 11:16 AM
To: Stephen Baldwin <BaldwinSD@ldschurch.org>
Subject: Hey oh!

Hey dad! thanks so much for your letter! I Love you. It has been different adjusting to this culture. It is so opposite in every way! My campanion is good. he is a very good teacher and there is much to learn from him. We have been learning togather and trying to fill the gap of cultre differences. Sometimes the atomosphere and attitude towards work is a little too relaxed so I am trying to bear down and think of ways that we can overcome this with good feelings toward each othe. the language is the obstacle in this. How long did it take you to learn the language. Do you  remember? I recieved the package with your spanish book this week and have been studying it fervently! I am learning so much. I Love you! make sure you use the dillon for me! Also happy 25 years for you and mom. Please tell her and Erin how much I love them!give them a hug for me!

Grant Baldwin

11:07 AM (6 hours ago)
to me
Hello familia! This week has been a huge learning experience! We are striving to work hard and do all that we can to help the people of our new area! This week has also been very busy for me. We had 2 divinsions this week. I left our area for both of them. One of the companions that I was able to be with was also from utah and it was refreshing to be able to clear some looming questions up in english. The language is progressing but i will admit that i would love to be able to skip forward in time to when i will be able to understand others and express my thoughts. ( there are only 3 people in my zone that speak english very well and none of them are in my district) but i have faith that this will hopefully accelerate my learning! The second exchange was with another elder from mexico that doesnt not speak any english! I learned alot! This week we also had the amazing opportunity to have a live broadcast form president nelson! It was so enlightening! Origionally we were schelduled to have a live conference with him but due to security concerns here in guatemala with the upcoming elections there was a broadcast from el salvador! He spoke about the atonement. I learned so Much. I am so thankful for the blessing of the atonement. i truly know that because of the atonement we can find relief and comfort rom all the trials and problems in life! our savior knows us perfectly and we can be enabled and strengthened to overcome ANYTHING.One other thing that president nelson said that I found very profound was -The Lord often accomplishes the impossible through the unlikely- This is why it is so important  to strive for the constant companionship of the spirit and then be worthy to discern the will of the lord so that we can accomplish his work.



family
Im glad that President stucki talked about bucky.It  just wouldnt be the same without a good ole story about bucky! MOM in answer to your question the sister that cooks for us is payed. It is a mission rule that at least 2 of the meals that we eat here every day are cooked at a comedor. She also washes our clothes and she is amazing! We do not live close to a walmart unfortunately. Maybe next time! I will admit that this would have been very helpful my first week. I took my about a week to find some blankets and sheets that were not used in the small street market in our area. They are all disney theamed fleece blankets but i was thankful not to have use old preused bedding. Also we mostly have to drink water out of these little bags! It is a very different culture here! Also this week i recieved the package with the book! THANK you so much. I cannot express how much this meant to me. ERIN. Thank you so much for your card! I Love you. I dont have a way to cook the cake right now but we are working on figureing something ouT:) DAD- I Hope that your cuerpo heals up quickly! make sure that you get those ribs healed up and your hunting season Is good! I am so excited for you this fall i hope that you are able to make some good memories. I hope work is going well and you can make the trip to see pat next month! 

I love all of you so much! you are in my prayers every day.

please tell the stephans and the stingleys thanks for their letters. They really mean alot to me! please let them know of my love for them.
also please excuse my spelling. Time is short and the computers are a little strange.




8/30/2015

Whoa, a new area! Your president must have confidence in your trainer and yourself; to open re-open a new area....most likely it was shut down because of disobedience....So you need to make sure you are obedient.....that is key no matter what even if you are teaching or frustrated with your teaching....keep being obedient and you will have peace. 
   Hopefully your trainer is great and a great example of hard work and obedience....if not, you be that way.
   Your pictures are amazing------wow! hopefully you are adjusting....might take months to adjust to the living conditions, give yourself time and patience. How is it that the Bishop's mother in -law cooks for you twice a day? out of the goodness of her heart.....or......do you pay her? Does she live near your apartment? Is the Walmart in your area?
    I am so excited for you...we had Stake Conference today. They ratified your name...BTW,  Erin and I were in the choir, my main motivation was so I could have a comfy seat, Erin's was more righteous, she wanted to be near the area authority-Elder Jensen; he spoke on the atonement, the power of the atonement---the story of his family and how they were reactivated and eventually were sealed together in the temple. How his father still stumbled after the temple--with word of wisdom problems--but he didn't quit and give up---that is the key all of our failures are changeable except the ones you give up on. The enabling power of the atonement is grace not only after all we can do but DURING the process. Mercy is the redeeming power, Grace is the enabling power. Elder Jensen also mentioned the Elder Neilson Mentioned the Wave of Righteousness that is sweeping the Earth--but it is not enough for what lies ahead.  I do not think I will be prepared for what lies ahead--I will just have to do it---to go through it.
   Of course President Stuki could not speak without tieing Buckaroo into his talk, YES he had 2 spots: here is an excerpt:
  One time Deb and I were having family home evening with Bucky and Deb was asking him some questions----she was concerned whether Buckaroo thought whether he would be able to go to heaven or not, and so she asked him "Bucky do you think you are going to Heaven?, What do you think his response was? of course he wagged his tail enthusiastically. He knew where he was going. Then Debra asked him another question, parents be ware don't ask a question you do not want to hear the answer to, "Bucky are mom and dad going to be in heaven with you? there was a pause and Bucky ducked his head and looked at us." We could still see the sparkle in his eyes, his tail stayed still, he wasn't sure about us. I laughed I could tell Buck was teasing and he liked to tease, at least I hoped he was teasing. But then again from Bucky's perspective it wasn't up to him whether or not we went to heaven. it was up to us, Deb and I individually, Buckaroo could only really answer for himself. 
    Another excerpt.
     I had Buck go to the Frost stop with me for dinner we would both order a corn dog and fries that was Buckie's favorite, we'd take my little pickup and Buck would sit in the front seat with me and I would park in the car hop and they would bring our food out to us. I'd get his hot dog ready and his fries but he wouldn't stop eating until I would put ketchup on his fries, but then again so do I. I'd take a bite of my hot dog and then take some pieces and give it to him and that was the way we would eat trading bites, occasionally we would take some fries with ketchup. Those were good times. It was really fun to watch the waiters as they would come up to talk to Bucky, pointing and smiling and sometimes waving, Bucky was a celebrity ---a dog that likes ketchup, it was a funny thing Bucky liked ketchup and tomato soup and salsa and tomato sauce but he would eat raw tomatoes. He didn't like them, but neither do I and there is a reason. raw tomatoes can teach us a lesson about the plan of salvation and about our eternal destiny. In  its raw state, the tomato is living out its terrestrial existence......etc.


Love Mom!!!xoxoxoxosxo

Hole-ah
Hope you have had a great week! Glad to see the wonderful pics of your area and your companion. So...how is he? I know that sometimes It can be difficult in a lot of ways to have a native companion...even though he is from Mexico. Just the cultural differences can be interesting to navigate. However, if you both have your heads and hearts in the right place you will have a great companionship. 
Hope you are having success teaching people. Are you sleeping well? Have you been able to get furniture for your apartment? Send us pictures of it once you get it set up. Are you feeling well? Do you get a chance to exercise? Just curious about the daily schedule you have.
Tonight Cole and Emily came over for dinner and I was able to give them a blessing for getting back to school. They are doing well. Had a great evening together. 
Things are pretty low-key right now. Not much going on except work for me. I am keeping busy enough trying to keep the garden alive with the stupid rabbits. I trapped one this week. Had fun with it and Indy for a while. Then I caught Indy a few days ago. Not sure how long she was in the trap, but likely 24 hours:) 
This week I am going up to the cabins with Bret to get our hunting camp set up. Then going to start 2 hikes per week to get ready. Ribs are still sore though. Gonna try to start back at the gym too. 
Things are good in the ward...no changes. Grant Just is doing well. His family is moving this month for sure down in Washington. I will start reloading heavy here pretty soon. Gonna get some powder and lead for the Springfield. Fall is in the air. Getting excited.
Mom and I are celebrating 25 years (Silver anniversary) next Saturday the 5th. Erin and I are looking into going to Louisiana next month. Really need to see Pat. He is on Hospice so may not be around much longer. 
Well, I'll let you go for now. Be strong, work hard, have fun! We love you son and are proud of you!
XOXOXOXO
DADI OH!

No comments:

Post a Comment