Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Greetings Elder Baldwin---
9/6/2015--

Yestaerday was our 25/sliver anniversary---by the way on  our golden the children are supposed to make a big deal out of it and take the paraents on a world cruise, just giving you a heads up.)
 A couple of weeks ago I asked dad what he wanted to do and he said "get a hotel room in Toukervilee, I said "Really? why don't we just stay at home, we will have the house to ourselfes, Erin could stay at Alix's house." He said , "no this is our 25th we need to do something. So I made a reservation at the cliffside inn. I didn't want to go to Vegas. I really wanted to have a ngiht alone at the house. So I told dad I got a room for us, you decide where to go for dinner. The night before I told dad that I would head right ot the hotel after work because checkin was at 3:00pm . So at 5:30 we went to the temple to do dealings. We were abel to do sealings for some Rassmussen's and Schiffman's.      AFter the sealings we went to dinner at the Olive Garden. The next morning I worked out in their work out room and then had a tub and read while dad slept. I lost track of time, we missed the free Continental breakfast so we went to the brunch they had. It took forever but the food was good. As we were checking out dad asked how much the room was and when he found out it was 170.00 he flipped. I told him that we should have stayed home and not spend the money....he said he was kidding about the hotel room, that he didn't care if we got one.! !!!! funny we still cannot communicate even after 25 years. I don't think we ever will but I love dad more today that 25 years ago....cant wait to spend the next 25!
      Tomorrow Cole, Emily, Mac, Jessica, traegon, Brittany and T.J are coming up. They are gong to catch crawdad, and play pickle ball, swim etc. I bought pickle ball to play on the driveway for our anniversary present.

Questions:I am thinking ahead for Christmas-----What would you like in it? Here are some things I am thinking of:

Bedding-sheets, pillow case, etc.
Light blanket
Do you have electrical outlets?
Shorts for pday- T shirts for PDAY?
Medicine: Ibuprofen? Imodium AD?

Food?

Hopefully you are going to receive your watches soon, I sent 2 of them.  I sent them on August 20th it took about 24 day for you to receive your first package. So you should be getting your next around the 2nd week of September.


xxoxoxoxoxo
Mom

Grant Baldwin

10:06 AM (19 hours ago)
Hello familia! 9/7/2015
 this week has gone by so fast! We are working hard to accomplish the the work of the lord. It has also been a little wild because yesterday was elections for the new president here! Everybody left was out abouit  in the streets and fireworks were going off everywhere! but today the commotion is over and people are back normal. This has also been a week of miracles for our area. On thursday we had every single appointment with investigators fall through for the second day in a row! It was pretty discouraging! Not knowing exaclty what to do(we cannot knock on doors to contact after 6pm) We prayed for direction. Afterwords, we felt impressed to visit with a man that we contacted a few days earlier that lives in the same alley that we do. His name is Alfredo! He welcomed us in and we had an amazing visit.He was excited about the gospel! he assisted church with us yesterday and said that he wants to be baptised! Im am so excited for him! he has a such a desire to find strength through the atonement. The lord answers our prays after a trial of our faith! I am so blessed to be where i am. I love My mission and I am so excited to have to opportuinuty serve these people. The lords hand is truly in every moment of our life We can grow and have a stronger relation with him as we strive to recognize all of the blessings that He gives us every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment