Monday, September 14, 2015

9/14/2015What an incredible lesson on faith !!! Good ol Alfredo pulls through :)

I was thinking maybe you & your companion had to have all of the rejection that day just do you could be really humbled and ready to receive the inspiration you needed to hear the direct promptings to go see Alfredo. Sometimes we can get so discouraged and tired and maybe it's the Lord preparing us for great blessings . There is opposition in all things right ? We have to go through tough times to be grateful for the good times. I've seen this first hand recently with Sunnie. She really struggled this last year spiritually . She got messed up with wrong friends and unfortunately they pulled her down . She was at her lowest low spiritually and emotionally. She doubted her faith and testimony. For a period she really didn't think she was a daughter of God. Watching her go through this literally broke my heart . During this time the further away she became from her Heavenly Father - the closer I became to Him. For the first time in my life I really knew the true meaning of the Atonement. I knew my Savior.
Fast forward to today .... Long story short - Sunnies great. She's come into Christ. She has her "light " back. She just was made seminary president in her class and she's preparing to get her patriarchal blessing next week! Yes!!!!!!! She's amazing!!! Sunnies a true testimony to me that hearts can soften and hearts can change.

Grant the gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of pure happiness. It is!! You are so lucky to see this on a regular basis .  You can change lives. You can be God instrument to help bring others back - just like Sunnie came back.
Don't get discouraged- when doors close ... Another one always will open right. ?
We love you - you are doing amazing things . You are changing lives.
We are praying for you.
Xoxoxo
Auntie ang
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 9/13/2105

We are gathering the items, wanted to know if you have access to peanut butter we could send you powdered peanut butter.
Also with the thumb drive we assume you want the aduio version of the talks correct?
What about oatmeal---but do you have milk? should we worry about sending oatmeal packets? Are you sure you do not want CD's ? no CD player, do you have a micro wave?
I am also sending you another watch just in case the 2 do not arrive-----I was really studpid in the way I sent the 2 watches, i do not know what I was thinking I sent them together with the plastic casing still intact so they were bulky and obvious that they wer new watches. In the future I have been advised to only list the items as being 5.00 and list educational and religious supplies, I am sending this next package through the hurst/ace hardware store because they have a cool way that they computerize the customs and they will put "educational and religious supplies" into the system, Sister Hill advised me regarding this issue.

Yes, I am enjoying school, I have a good bunch of students again. I have one challenging class of 8th grade students. 3 of the 12 are off the wall as far as add and very immature, also one of the students is extreemely deficit  1st grade reading level. He is so frustrated, he is acting out mostly because of this, I am sure school is pure torture for him to go through every day. Again, thank you for your blessing, It has brought much peace. Speaking of peace, I went to the temple last night. I dropped Erin off at a friends and performed some initiatories for Sister Stephens--(she had given the youth temple names for baptisms last week, So before I returned them I completed some initiaories and then chose one of the initiatories for an endowment and went and performed an endowment for "Rieka "from Grand Rapids. I have never done that before, done one ordiance and then gone right into another for one of the same people, it was good to do.

Hopefully the work is still progressing with Alfredo? Keeping contact and being there for him as he needs it is so vital, and involvoing members in this process, so exciting.


Xoxoxoxo
Mom













Grant Baldwin

Attachments11:48 AM (6 hours ago)
to me
FOR THE BALDWIN RESIDENCE ONLY:

Hey Family!! this week has flown by!! well...kind of. We were able to go to a part of our area that is super rural! We were able to teach alot and meet many new people! We focused on finding and working hard to find new investigators. It was a really humbling experience because the poeple that live there have next to nothing! they are always friendly and offer anything that they can! It was a great day! but unfortunately  there were a ton of mosquitos in this area and i got bit a ton. the next day i started to feel a sick! turns out that I got a sickness called chicken gunya from a mosquito bite. It was quite the experience but i am blessed because it only lasted for a coupple days! Unfortunately because of this we were not able to work as much as we would have liked but we are going to make up for it this week! This week we have an investigator named Rosalia Quinonez that is preparing to be baptized this saturday! Her husband is becomming active again in the church and we are so excited for them! this week we also had the opportunnnity to attend a multizone conference in an area of the city called utatlan. It was great to be able to leave miligro and see more of the county. I learned so much! It was great to hear from our president again! he Is such a great example for allof us as missionaries!
Thank you so much for gathering those things. I have not recieved the watches but today i did get a letter from mom! Thank your so much for writing me! it means so much! I cannot tell you how much those letters mean to me! I can buy peanut butter here its just really expensive:) The audio versions of the talk would be amazing but if you can do both i would love that as well. if it is not too heavy in the package cds would be great! IF you can please send the movie meet to mormons also. I also have oatmeal here tambien:) thank you though mom. also dr sholls for size 12.5 if you can swing it! please use my money to pay for this stuff. And then please send the package when you can. Some tips that i have heard for the packages are to write the  address with sloppy ( but legible) handwriting and then to tape one of the picture of Jesus pass along cards in on the oustide of the box before sending. Thank you so much for doing this. Sorry to ask for so much Love you all! Elder Baldwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment