Monday, September 21, 2015

9/21/2015
   What a week! th really is crazy how fast the time flies by! At the end of every week I look back and an think to myself 5 weeks already? What a Blessing. this week was busy (another blessing) we had a meeting for all of the  for all of the nuevos and trainers the a place called Montoffer. I was like a 30 or 40 minute bus ride  from our area. I think the bus rides here are just a little more exciting thant the rides at lagoon. Our meeting was awesome! there was so much to learn from. Its always nice and exciting to see other parts of this tiny country! We also had the opportunity to have divisions with other missionaries twice this week one area that i got to visit was super rural! The people there are very humble and speak a couple of mayan dialects that really had me confused for a while. They are so nice and willing to listen. Also they give us Papaya juice at every corner unfortunatly!
This week we are perparing for the baptism of rosalio quinonez. she was going to be baptised last week but there was a small hiccup and we are working hard so that she can be baptised this week she has a strong desire to follow our savior. Unfortunately Alfredo hit a road block. He was searching for money to help in his time of need. Unfortunatly as missionaries we can only nourish with the word and not with monotary means. He asked to stop having lessons and so at this moment he is not progressing with us.
this month we have been studying the atonement as a mission. It has been incredible for me. I was studying alma 34 this week. my favorite scripture is in verse 31. if we can overcome our pride and soften our hearts, immediately the plan of the salvation can be brought upon us. Imediately we can find peace and strength through the atonemant of our Saviour and Redeemer Jesus Christ. How great is this promise for us as children of our Heavenly Father.
   Yesterday I had an opportunity to give a talk in church. It was a suprise for me so I didn´t have much time to prepare! what a blessing it was. I was able to speak the entire time. This was a tender mercy of the Lord. I think that the members understood what I was saying. At least I hope!
I recieved the watches this week! thank you so much I cannot describe how much they Help me! I also recieved the letter that you sent with the atricle about patience. I jsut want you to know how much that helped me through the week. I really needed it! I love you so much! I want to your know how much you mean to me mom. I really wich i could tell that to you in person and give you a hug. I think about you every day. Please know that you are loved. You are an amazing example for me.I also miss your cooking. I think im going to be a teddy bear when i get home! but i Love you! thanks for all you do for me. 
Elder B.
----------------------------------------------
    Well this has been a fun week. I'm so focused on getting ready for the hunts that I can't stand it. Bret and I went up to the cabins to start getting elk camp ready. We hung a cross log in a tree to hang the elk. We cooked dutch oven elk steaks and deer steak with potateos and carrots. Was very good. Stood out  by the fire gorging ourselves until 1:00 am. Then got up at 9:00 and Bret found the trail that went up behind the burn where we followed that herd last year. That is a cool canyon. We climbed up to the top of a big rock and within half an hour I called in a big 6x7 bull. We played with him for an hour and then he walked away. We did not know that the limited entry bull hunt had been open 3 days already. Not very many folks hunting that area. A guide had cut down 75 trees over the road going up there because they saw that giant bull we saw last year. Its world class. Apparently they have someone who has a tag. I wish we did. So we had some fun. Good news is that noone will be going up there:) 
    I went to the gun show yesterday and traded those 2 small antique pistols for a H&R 243 youth rifle with a 3x9 scope, Its a single shot, but should be ok for Erin. I may sell it and look for another better one. Also got 100 factory reload 45s for 27.99. Good price. 
Do you remember where those 270 bullets are you loaded? I really need to sight in this week. I have looked everywhere. Please let me know.
    Church is good. Don Stingley has had 2 surgeries and got a bad infection. Almost died. Trying to recover. Brother savage lost his job and may be moving. 4 new retired families moved in the past 2 weeks. Eardleys moved to diamond this weekend cause their house sold. They will start building in pinion hills. Hardly any kids in YW/YM now. Kinda weird. 
    Sounds like things are going well. I sure hope you get your packages that we sent. I will probably start sending them instead of Mom. How is your spanish coming? Hope it is getting easier to understand. How is your health? Did the baptism go well this week? We have been praying for your investigators. 
Well,
Have a great week. This is a great opportunity for you. Make the best of it. This is where you decide how you will live your life. The habits you have there will be carried into your marriage and career and family life. Be true to yourself and dedicated to the savior and Heavely Father will shower blessings upon you and you will recieve the guidance you need.

Love dad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
9/20/2015
Hopefully you are over your sickness! Do you need the netting? We pray for you several times a day and I put your name in the temple every 2 weeks. 

You have a new investigator Rosalia Q. was she baptized Saturday? What about Alfredo?

     Be thinking about what you would like in your Christmas package---sent the sheets, watch,tool kit, washer, flashdrive with music, meet mormon videos, and ties(sent it 9/15/ so it probably will not arrive until 10/15 ish). I am having people donate unwanted ties for your next package.. Hopefully the watches make it this next 2 weeks; I sent them August 20th--( I packaged them really stupid. But this next package should make it. I had assistnace for hurst Ace hard ware store on bluff. The mail man there knows everything about mailing for missionaries.) I could try to get some vidoes in spanish on a thumb drive. I was able to get the spanish hymns from Deseret book. I will try to get them on a thumb drive ---do you have access to a CD player? Do you have a microwave?

     CJ. Wilding reported today 9/20/2015--he severed in the Australia mission. I was so impressed with his polishedness. He is so sure in his convictions, I could feel and hear the difference in his returning address. His message was about change and never giving up: Never give up- Missions---invite everybody. That is the key isn't it ? That is what we have control over--inviting, we can make goals to contact/invite x amount of people every week. They in turn have their free agency to accept or  not to commit or not to change or not. 
  C.J was daily put out of his comfort zone, said he was forced to grow. He related an experience where he took a recent convert man around 17 years of age who had lost his fire of conversion. C.J. wanted to spark his testimony again. So they went and knocked on doors----before they did C.J. asked the man what their goal should be? and the man said "find someone to teach." so he said a prayer and they went hard all day long--hot, tired, with no success, at the end of the day--felt like giving up. CJ saw a family across the street, he was tempted to brush them off. but he had promised this man that he would see a miracle. so they walked across the street  to this family of 7 and they said "come and teach us, we have been praying about a church we should join a church we could attend." What would have happened if they would have given up and not gone across the street?---the extra little bit is what made and is what makes the difference.
   We need to be pleading for grace and the enabling power of the atonement, I know you do just a reminder:0
  xoxoxoxo,

Mother💟

No comments:

Post a Comment