Monday, September 28, 2015

Hey family! I hope that you all had a great week! it sure sounds like you did. this week i was thinking about how much i am blessed to have each one of you in my life! you are all examples to me and I love to hear from you every week. this week we had transfers and elder Antonio and i are still in the same area but the area next to us is closing this week. this means that for us we can proselyte in this area so the area that we have to work in is quite massive! It also means that we will now teach the investigators in that area. Also we might be able to move to a better house that is more central to this area.also we might be able find another place to wash clothes. I am so excited for this! Louisiana! this is so exciting! Say hi to the fam for me! Dad i am so excited for your hunt. Have a good time! Exito! send lots of pictures! I hope that your work is going well. Mom i love you and hope that work is going well! I also hope that all is well in all of your church callings. I received your letter today with Jackson's talk. Thank you so much! i am working on sending letters by mail.I am so excited for general conference this week! please take notes and send me your 3 favorite quotes! I love all of you so much! have a good week!


This week flew by just like all the others! it was amazing! We have had a ton of rain this week which really makes things interesting. The rain here never really seems to be ¨´light´´ just either a hurricane or clear and sunny! I love it. The good news is that my clothes have been just a tad cleaner this week due to the water! Our investigators are doing great! Rosario was baptised saturday evening! I am so excited for her and her family.They are really amazing and now they are working toward the temple! Her husband is now active again in the church and it has been amazing to see the blessings that come from the true gospel or Jesus Christ. The baptism of Hermana Rosario was a miracle! About one hour before the baptism a heavy rainstorm hit and shut down all of milagro.  There was crazy traffic and the church started to flood!  We were running around with buckets and brooms to try to keep the water out of the iglesia. Then the time for the baptism came and nobody was in the church. We were worried for Rosario because the date had already been changed once. My companion and I turned to prayer and soon after the rain completely stopped and the church was dry. soon after Rosario arrived with her family and she was able to be baptised! The spirit of God like a fire was burning.This experience really strengthened my testimony of the power of prayer. Heavenly Father love us so much and he wants to bless us.He hears our Prayers.He asks for so little from us. If we faithfully ask him he will answer our prayers in the manner that is most beneficial for us. I love you all and hope that you have a great week!
-Elder Baldwin

---------------------------------------


-------------------------------------- 9/27/2015   
I hope you survive all of the bus rides---good thing people are praying for your safety every day!

Do you like Papaya juice?

Rosalio---did she get over her hiccups? Was she baptized?

I wish we could have heard your talk in church...wow the whole time that is amazing!

We are so amazed and grateful that you received the watches! They were packaged so terribly--Heavenly Father answered the prayers! I will not package anything so stupidly again! There is a watch in the next package....somewhere stuffed amidst the rest.

Today was fast Sunday--I bore my testimony in Young Women's today specifically on the Atonement and how grateful I am for the grace of the Savior and how he helps us right now to overcome not when we have done all we can do.




Dad's back is out again----he thinks because of sitting too long of hours at his desk..he is going to see a chiropractor tomorrow. Pray for him..He has been preparing for this next hunt coming up on OCt. 1st---he has been hiking and getting in good shape, his ribs are about 90% healed--but now his back so pray that he will be able to heal and have a successful hunt :)

We are looking forward to conference--I bet you are too! How will you view it?
It is sad that there are 3 wonderful men taken from us; but exciting that they have better things and places to be now. We are all speculating who the next 3 apostles will be: Dax Keller?
------------------------------------------

Hello in La Guatemala. We have had a fun week. Bret and I went out on Wednesday to sight in. We were shooting at 100 and 300 yards. I found those VRD's that you loaded. I shot several times and realized that the scope was coming off. Was trying to get it dead on at one hundred so I could use the reticles on that Vortex. Got it tightened down and shot a few more times and was dean on. Then shot at 326 yards and put both shots w/i like an inch and a half of center. So i feel good. Bret was shooting the Lapua He is on with it. And he can see now cause he had lasix. 
I am all packed and am heading up Thursday night. I ordered the tires for the Yamaha. They will be here Wednesday but its just me and Bret so I wont rush to get them on. 
All is good here. Church was good today. We had fast and testimony meeting. We have a new ward mission leader. I am in charge and am building up an army of missionaries. It s about to get serious in Dammeron.
So as far as the language, I had been out probably 304 months before i got comfortable with what people were saying. But I did noy study as I should have. If you study a lot things will start clicking. Once I began to study, it went fast. Study vocabulary a lot. Then every other time study vocab and then verbs and conjugation. One day it will click. Spanish is easy. All verbs for the most part are conjugated the same with a few exceptions. Learn the exceptions. The biggest breakthrough is when you understand the subjunctive tenses and feel comfortable using them. example: We we hoping that you would not use that food. "Esparabamos que no usara esa comida." The subjunctive of usar is usara. The verb book explains it well. Just keep studying and it will come. You have a great advantage of having a native spanish speaking comp. While frustrating, it can also be helpful. 

We get to find out who will be our new apostles this next week. I am bringing a radio so we can listen mid day to all of it at elk camp. Cole and Emily came over and we had a fun visit. Talked about Riverdale a lot. Glad to hear you are getting your packages. Sounds like you guys ae working really hard. Don't get discouraged. When you have the mind set that you are an instrument in the Lord's hands, he will make sure you are successful. For a long time I put a lot of pressure on myself to convert people. I felt it was my responsibility. Once I realized that Heavenly Father prepares people through experiences and the Holy Ghost converts, it went so much better. Just be the instrument so you can be led and guided to be where you need to be and say what you should say. Language prep, Scripture study, and etc will help tons. But your desire to help people change and see them happy will be your biggest tool. I used to tell them that I sacrificed everything for 2 years because I have seen how the gospel can change lives, It changed mine. thats why I was there. Once they sensed my heart... they opened theirs to the message. You have been blessed with a special spirit. You received a blessing that people will be drawn to you. Just don't let Satan introduce doubt into your thinking as an individual nor as a companionship. Then you will see miracles begin to occur at a level you never thought possible. 
Everyone asks about you and says hi. Things are great here and we are being blessed because of your diligence. We love you and pray for you daily. Work hard and play hard. Have fun Son. I love you and am so very proud. I will take lots of pics. We are gonna make a youtube video of our hunt. I'll send you the link probably in December once we are done hunting. Love Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment