Monday, October 5, 2015

Hola familia!  10/5/2015
This week has been a blessing! There is an excitement building in Guatemala that we are working to build the kingdom everyday! Vamos a hacer fuego! The opportunity to listen to conference this weekend was incredible! The spirit was so strong. I hope that you were all able to listen to all the talks but if you were not please take the opportunity to listen and read these talks over again. Really my favorite part was the entire thing but I really enjoyed the talk given by Elder Lawrence. Which essentially for me was about the importance of seeking the will of the lord for our life's and then following it.We should ask ¿what lack I yet? and then listen. The Lord will direct us in what we personally need and what will bless us in our life but necesitamos take time to listen and then to act. Then we need be willing ot obey these personal commandments that are given us. This can only lead to happiness. If we make excuses after recieving these personal revelation it only leads us to sit in stillness. I am so grateful for this opportunity to improve everyday under the direction of our Loving Heavenly Father.
Thing here in Milagros are Going very well. We see miracles everyday! I honestly love my mission and I learn so much every day! I hope all of you have a great week! 
Elder Baldwin

MOM. Did you hear the talks By elder Holland and Elder Nelson in this conference? The whole time that i was able to listen to them i was thinking about you and how much you do for me in my life. I am so Grateful that you carried my all throughout my life. You truly are the type of person that elder Nelsen was talking about in his letter. I am so thankful for you and you example for me! Please know how much I love you. Thank you for sending the package! I am waiting anxiously:) as far as the music goes. if you could get it onto a thumb drive that would be amazing! but please send the Cd's tambien.I usually have about a 30-45 minutes to write and use the computer here so i don't really think i can put the songs on a thumb drive down here. Please send as many songs as possible! ask Erin for help. the hymns in Spanish and also as many quality versions of the hymns in English that you can. please send all that you can by the motab. no importa si es un himno o no. Thanks! love you. Tell Erin Cole and dad that I love them.
-----------------------------------------
10/4/2015, 

Grandma and Grandpa alarmed me Sat. evening the 3rd👽 when they texted me " have you heard from Grant? is he OK? There was a landslide in Guatemala.....Well I had not felt that you were in danger. I looked up where the landslide occurred--El Cambray? 28 min north east of you? So did you go and help?In your patriarchal blessing it states that you will kneel at the alter in the temple and be sealed so I have faith you will make it through your mission alive.

So wonderful about the baptism of Rosario and the miracle of the stopping of the rain for her baptism, it brought tears to my eyes! 

Conference is wonderful---hope you had the opportunity to view all of it; was it in Spanish or English?
Quotes: More than three: "What lack I yet?" Customized counsel from the Holy Ghost and he can remind us our strengths.-Elder Lawrence.  
"Are we making our disclipleship too complicated?(my favorite-simplify-"focus on the simplicity that is in Christ." Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey."-President Uckdorf.
":You have been called inspite of what you have done" Elder Renland.
"Center exactly on the wheel" -exactness in following Christ-Elder Maynes.

So I will be moving onto happenings here: Dad is hunting and saw herd of elk but no elk yet, I do not know if he will be able to email you. Mac is coming by soon to get eggs, 2 cycle oil and onions. We have a set of tires for the 4 wheelers in the entry way--that is progress---but dad did not have time to put them on for the hunt :) at least he has them now.
 

It has been a great weekend for us...yes I stayed home for the marathon and ran the other way down to sand cove instead of "cheering" for the runners on highway 18. I shopped before hand so I did not need to set foot in St. George--it was great, I ran, swam, mowed the lawn, listened to conference, went on a walk with Drea and Doug, (they asked about you ) and watched movies on netflix. Erin was in town volunteering for her English honors class. She has to have 5 hours of service per quarter--so she helped out at the Marathon.

I am so relieved you received the watches, it is a miracle I packaged them so poorly----the next package is done much better and there is another watch, just in case you didn't receive the 2.
Remember to start making a list of items for Christmas....I have Spanish hymns Cd's ready. I can try to get them on a flash drive if that is easier.

xoxoxoxox🐇
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment