Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12/2015
FOR THE BALDWIN FAMILY ONLY! GRACIAS:)
Familia!  This has been another week in Paradise! I truly love my mission. This work is so fulfilling and I love it! Earlier this week I found a way to hot wire an electric water heater in our bathroom. Also this week I started cooking breakfast in the apartment so this week so we are living super comfortable! I am definitely blessed to be serving in Guatemala. (sometimes we order domino's on p-days).
 this week has been truly amazing.I am so thankful for the miracles and tender mercies of the lord that i receive and witness in my life everyday. I am so blessed. So this week one of the miracles that we received came in the form of a reference for a family that just moved into a colony near ours. The reference came from another mission in Guatemala and our mission president assigned us to teach this family that lives out of our area.We were super excited! We had trouble finding them for a few days but on Thursday we were able to have a visit wtih the entire family.I was surprised to find that the grandmother(who was visiting randomly) is a recent convert that i know quite well. We had an amazing lesson  with them. At the end of this lesson we the grandmother bore her testimony to her family. It was so powerful! It was truly a miracle because she rarely is able to visit her family.Although this person has only been a member for a few months she has such a strong desire to share the happiness that she has found in her own life. She truly wants the blessing an eternal family for all of her family. With this burning testimony she was able to help her family start to take steps toward baptism. We can all follow the example of This mother and share what brings us true happiness with others. 
I am so excited for all of you and the plans that you have. So cool that dad was able to get and elk! the blessings of keeping the sabbath day are real! Have a great week! ( i would love to write more but the electricity just went out a little while ago so we lost some time).
------------------------------------------- 10/11/2015
Dear Elder Grant,

    Sounds like the work is going strong and you have a wonderful attitude.  Keep up this up..Attitude is everything. Milagros happenings are coming along. Elder Hill's mom reports that it is 94% humidity in Ghana and the missionaries have to sleep with mosquito netting--the netting is so powerful( causes 3rd degree burns) that they have to have a barrier to protect their skin. So they sleep in long sleeved shirts and a blanket....so count your blessings. In addition they are always hungry...and the power goes out frequently...which is bad because they have to have food daily-no refrigeration. I asked Sister hill why the church doesn't provide the Elders with emergency food/astronaut food and she says it has something to do with the native missionaries/members attitude's towards American missionaries--that they are poor little rich boys anyway.
   So count your blessings you are in Guatemala as opposed to Ghana, I know I am!!!!
This week coming up is Fall break...which means we have this Thursday and Friday off. Tomorrow is early out---Erin gets to take the practice ACT(called Plans for sophomores) Yippee for her! Thursday she has a wisdom teeth consultation and Dec. 18th-she gets her wisdom teeth pulled, I know what a fun Christmas present. Wednesday she has to go into have 2 cavities filled, these are her first two so she is doing pretty good, her first two. It was lack of flossing,,,,,,hope you are flossing every day....do you need me to send floss materials? If so let me know what kind.
  Dad finally shot a cow after 6 days, He will fill you in on the details along with pictures.
  Cole and Emily are going to spend their spring break in Hawaii, compliments of Carolyn rounds, I know it is pretty rough having to deal with all of that vacation and time off.......


Xoxoxoxo
Love you forever!!!!!
MOM
--------------------------------------------------10/12/2015
Awesome that you guys were success full! I am so excited for you!Hey if you can download the video on a dvd or cheap thumb drive and send it to me because i cannot watch YouTube! I am committed to work as hard as i possibly can porque yo falto mucho con el idioma y también espiritualmente. Quiero ser mas para las personas aquí en mi mission. Gracias por su apoyo y amor y su testimonio. i Pray para usted y los miembros de nuestra familia cada día. Voy a escribir mas La próximo semana. La electricidad apago y perdí mi tiempo love you!
--------------------------------------------------
Bueno! Pues....10/11/2015
Greetings son. Sounds like life is good in the missionary field. It was good to get back and read your letter after having spent a full week at the cabins. Ive shown everyone your baptism picture. Conference was great. Bret and I opted to not hunt at all on the Sabbath. We just took it easy and listed to conference on a radio we took. It was inspiring and humbling. I realize there is much that I can be doing better so I have recommitted. I hope all is well this week. Let me know if you get your leather man. 
I will write a full detailed account of our hunt next week, but as you can see Bret got a spike at 550 yards with the cannon. Basically blew off all his legs but it was awesome. That was right at dark Wednesday night. Then 12 hours later first thing Thursday morning I got a cow. We are going back up this Tuesday night to hunt Wednesday and Thursday. He has a cow tag and I have a spike tag. It ends Thursday night. Fun week. We are hoping to send you a link in a couple of weeks when we make our YouTube video of our hunt. Awesome footage. 
We are praying that you are safe, healthy and successful. 
All things are possible when we put full faith in our Savior. I wish I would have known more about the concept of faith on my mission. You have a great advantage having attended 4years of seminary. Be an example to all with whom you serve. Show them your faith and theirs will grow. Remember, rely upon the holy ghost to touch and teach and convert. You just need to be prepared to be the mouthpiece. I love you and am so very proud of you!! I'll write more next week. It's very late.Love Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment