Wednesday, January 6, 2016

1/5/2016
Hey family
This week I  just want to tell you a quick story about a group of young men that are changing the pueblocito where they live and progressing the work of the lord through small and simple acts of Service. In the area where I serving my mission there is no church building,It doesnt even classify as a Branch. right now were are classified as an extension of a branch. There are about 30 members that are acitve and that attend church with us every sunday in the upper room of a house that is in the middle of our little town. and so as you can imagine there are not many youth in this area. In fact at this moment there are no official programs that are are functioning that they can particpate in every week due to a lack of members and other basic structure of the church. I would be easy for these you to brush aside the responsiblities that they have being that there are no expectations for them but 5 of them have taken their own initiative to fulfill their duties to God. Every week they are in the church....well house early to prepare the sacrament and to bless it. Every week they also search out opportunities to serve others. They all share the gospel with their friends, family, and all the other people that they might meet. They visit daily with us as missionaries and are anxious to help the investigators improve. Really they are making all of the difference in the progression of the area that we are in. The gente really notice their example and they want the happiness that these young men have. It has really strengthened my testimony of the importance of magnifying preisthood responsibility and serving others. I know and testify that by small and simple things, or actions, The Lord progresses his work and brings great things to past. I would like to invite each of you to think of one thing that you can do this week to magnify your calling or to serve others this week. I know I will bless you. 
Elder Baldwin
---------------------
1/4/2016
I am sending a years subscription for the Liahona----let me know when you get your first copy. I set it up today 1/1/2016. It will be delivered to by the distribution center monthly to the mission home- your name-Elder Grant Spencer Baldwin is on the magazine----Happy New Year!🎉


I

No comments:

Post a Comment