Sunday, December 20, 2015


From: Grant Baldwin [mailto:grant.baldwin@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 11:47 AM
To: Stephen Baldwin <BaldwinSD@ldschurch.org>
Subject: Re: Happy new year

Hey Dad. It was great to see you this week. Talking with all of you while you were in the family room made it seem like i was back in the house. I am excited that all of you are doing well. Also the goals that you have to progress in your work are impressive. If there is one thing that I have learned from My mission it is the importance of prayerfully setting goals and the importance of seeking the will of the Father and not only our own desires. this month my mission president asked us to study the book of john. I just want to share a quick experience that I had this past week. "Reading Juan this past month has been an amazing experience. I have been learning to constantly try to put the will of my Heavenly Father first in my life. When my efforts are strong I can feel and literally see the blessings and miracles that come into my life. This past week my companion and I were returing from having divisions in Oratorio , which is like an hour and a half away from were we live by busitos. I was really tired when we got on the bus to come back to Ixuatan and all I that wanted to do was sit in the bus and rest. There was a man sitting next to me who was quiet and had his head down. I Knew it was my responsiblity to speak with him but what I wanted was rest. Then I thought about one of the verses that i had read recently in the John Chapter 5 that says "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." I felt the spirit and spoke to him. I was suprised to find out that he was an inactive member that had served a mission. He has a family of 6 and now is in the process of reactivating his family and they already have goals for the temple! I know that Gods will for us only brings happiness and that If we submit ourselves to him we can be instruments to help others.
I would Like to invite you to read Juan. Like i have had the opportunity to do this past month. I know that right now you are thinking about your future in your work as well as balancing your responsibilities in the church and as a father and i know that you can find comfort and anwsers in these scriptures. I have a testimony of this Gospel. I am thankful for your example for me and that you are paying for my mission. I cannot describe how much love i feel for our family and how blessed we are. 

PS. Sorry for the spelling and lack of punctuation. Im using a computer from the 80s and hashing things out as fast as i can.

Hapy new years

Elder Baldwin

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Stephen Baldwin <BaldwinSD@ldschurch.org> wrote:
Hello Son! It was great to get to talk to you! You look great. Looks like things are going well and the work is going well there. Your comments inspired me to want to do more and do better in my calling. Thank you for taking time to direct some of your comments to Erin. It really meant a lot to her to hear you say those things. It meant a lot to your mother and me as well. You have matured greatly in the past 6 months and it seems you have been able to look inside yourself and gain a lot of perspective. Additionally, being in a third world country, it allows opportunity to assess one’s life and blessings on a regular basis. While a mission provides opportunity to be selfless and serve others, some of the greatest blessings include getting to know what kind of person we want to become and what we need to do to get there. I am so proud of you for the things you are doing and am so excited for the things you are learning. You are a man now and have an incredible future ahead of you. Continue to serve those wonderful people and you will continue to be blessed with special abilities. Grandmother Baldwin told us how she has been praying for you on your mission. It was really neat to hear her talk about it. We love you and miss you a lot. Home is very different. This was our first Christmas apart so very different. Some day you will get to experience that from the perspective of a parent. It is not always easy. But we know in the long run it is for good reason. We love you and hope you have a great new year.

--------------------------------------------
We are so glad to see and be with you today! So grateful we were able to skype and that the technology supported us! You look great! you sound great! We could feel your spirit and testimony, Grant! the love is in your countenance! Do not worry about the length of your emails, you have a lot to do on Pdays, keep up the great work! You have been telling us great things. Your current area sounds amazing and wonderful. I loved your testimony of change; specifically about Robin; just experiencing his conversion will make your mission worth it! Remember you are influencing and helping your companion and members around you who draw on your strength and knowledge of the gospel and the church programs. Thank you for serving the people of Guatemala! You are loved Grant; by us ,the Savior and Heavenly Father! 💟

I wanted to say more---about my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior, my savior and I am so grateful for repentance and his grace. I love Heavenly Father and his plan of happiness.
Love you Grant 
XOOXOXOXO









12/20/2015
    Yes, Erin had her wisdom teeth out Friday 12/18/2015---She was really silly loopy in the recovery room. Currently she is more subdued. She can't really smile or talk. She is swollen, but things went smoothly considering. Dad and Cole gave her a blessing on Thursday evening; so grateful to have the priesthood in our home and family!
School is out for 2 weeks. It is so great not to have to worry about it for awhile.
     So you are in the country! I was looking up  Santa maria ixuatan and there is this Cool looking waterfall there that I have attached. Have you seen this waterfall? If not, hopefully you will...looks way coo,l they call in a mini Niagara. 

Last email I asked you about Christmas and you did not reply....probably because you did not know the details...So on Friday the 25th---do we get to talk?  by phone? What time...we are an hour behind I think right now because of the time change we had in the fall.

Can't wait to here from you!!!! Let us know...
xxoxoxoxoxo
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment