Monday, December 14, 2015



Hey I love you guys! I'm way out in the mountains of Guatemala where there area cowboy hats and small horses. My new area is called santa maria ixuatan. My new companion is elder Hernandez from Honduras. I am healthy and there is much work to be done. We are working on building a branch and working hard. The people here are very receptive and the gospél is changing their lives and bringing them happiness. I have written more and the deets are in the fotos. The church has a new video for Christmas that i am sure you may have seen. i would invite you Share it this week with family and friends.
the last part of the letter that i wrote by hand...
28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when hes hall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
 29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every on ethat doeth righteousness is born of him.
 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but wknow that, when hes hall appearwe shall be like him; for we shall see him a she is
12/14/2105
Wow this week has been full of surprises and so much change. To start off I had transfers Monday night.We received a phone call from the zone leaders and I found out that my new area would be Santa maria ixuatan Tuesday I left elder Mendoza in our apartment and took a taxi deep into the capital to a church house. From there I took a bus with other missionaries way outside the capital to a small city called Kalaka from there I took a bus to my new area which is pretty much straight up the side of a mountain. My new area is awesome and I am truly grateful to be here. My companion is Elder Hernandez, he is from Honduras on the coast. He is a convert to the church of about three years, he is a great missionary and has a strong desire to work for the Lord. I can tell he wants to serve the Lord.
It is a new area in the mission, Elder Hernandez and his last companion were the first missionaries ever to serve here. There is not a church building here. There is not a church building here or even a branch right now, we are in extension classified as an extension of a branch. Yesterday in church there were about 18 members that attended we have church in the upper upstairs room of a local members, although there are not many members here, they are all very helpful and very supportive of the work. Our house here is a blessing although we do not have a door forget the bathroom, that's about all I have to say about that.
I have seen many miracles my short time here ixuatan.There is a young man here named Robin that has recently completely changed his life to come active again in the church of our Savior. He left vices like alcohol, smoking, and a life full of pleasure for the natural man to live more abundantly.
I know that the Lord loves each of us personally and his hand of mercy and support is always extended to help us change through the atonement of our Lord. We can have confidence in the love of our Heavenly Father and our potential to become like him. I have seen the hand of the Lord blessing and changing the lives of the people.
John 2:28 -29.  John 3:1- 2
-------------------------------
12/13/2105
So you are in a new place, been transferred, have a new companion etc. I want details....is your new place dry? Do you like it? How is your companion?

Today in church we had our Christmas program. Christine France was in charge. 
It was a great program. We had the "hymn book Choir" perform most of the songs. This is where people come up out of the audience if they want to sing, and you just sing hymns out of the hymn book. There are no practices, just sing. It is my kind of choir. While we were singing SILENT NIGHT and the part "sleep in Heavenly Peace" came and I started to cry because I thought of you. I hoped and prayed and fasted today that you are in a dry place and are healthy and dry in order for you to focus on the work.
Last night we had the ward Christmas party---good food and the primary with the help of the young men young women singing behind the wings on the stage acted out the Nativity from Luke 2. Of course you can't go wrong when the primary sings. We had quite a few nonmembers attend; and one of the 5 families we were assigned to give the bread and invitation to was that one house by the Just's old home that I wanted to throw the loaf at their window because they won't come to the dooor.....this time I couldn't access their home again. So I left the bread on the ground in front of their locked gate, drove home and called them. A man answered and I told him I left some bread in front of his gate because I couldn't access his home. I said "Merry Christmas and invited him to the party." So at least I was able to talk to someone after 4 years.
  Erin is getting her wisdom teeth out on Friday the 18th so being praying that all will go well with no complications. Her teeth are wacked out they are growing out.

I took your scripture Helamen 3:35 and ponderized this week---great scripture! 

Have a suggestion for this week? Also let us know when you find out what time we can talk on Christmas and if we are able to Skype ??😅

Love you !
MOmxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment