Sunday, December 6, 2015


Family!well.. Its almost December. I cannot believe that it is almost a new year! The time has gone by quickly so has happened and changed In my mission. I love my mission! I am blessed and have the opportunity to see how much the lord has blessed me everyday.I also have the opportunity to learn and progress and to push myself daily. I am truly grateful.


11/30/2015

This week has been good. Elder Mendoza and I have been continuing to work hard to find new investigators "de oro". We have had fun doing it and have found many people that we feel are ready to progress the gospel of our Heavenly Father.  One of these persons is la hermana marleny. she is amazing! she is a sister that lives alone here and that asked her friends to help her receive visits from the missionaries. Yesterday at the church she was really touched by the spirit. She is searching for the truth and really has a desire to do the Lords will. She has the goal to be baptised the 26 of December. This week we also had the pleasure to meet Edmundo and Noami. They a little old couple that have more that 80 years! They were receiving lessons from missionaries earlier this year but they lost contact with the missionaries.They are very receptive and call us the grand kids.They also are working to be baptised in the month of december! 
It is so good to hear from all of you about your Thanksgiving! I hope that all are doing well! We did have the opportunity to celebrate a little bit with some chicken and a small pie that I found in a panderia.I hope that you guys all have a great week! 
Elder Baldwin
--------------------------

Thanksgiving Dinner in Guatemala missionary style.


11/29/2015


You sounded great last week. I hope your week a was a as well. Is it still Raining? It is amazing the power of the scriptures and how they can speak to us individually, every time we read and ponder them. Hopefully Kenya is still moving forward and progressing.
    The church is true and it is all about family. I had a great time spending time with the people up "north" . Wednesday around 2:00pm I drove up with Mac, Emily and Cole. We took the truck so Cole and Emily could haul one of their couches. The weather was pretty bad through Cedar, but then it cleared up. They dropped me off at Val's and continued up to Preston. It was really fun at Valerie's. Grey, Lucy, Valerie, Grandma, Grandpa and I played a dice game called "tens". We had pizza. Valerie was quiet the host and very nice. Grey was really excited to play games as well.
   We had Thanksgiving at Grandma's, the Martinez family came. During the meal we went around the table each taking turn and telling what they were thankful for. I was the last and everyone had said what I was thankful for--primarily family, home, food and health. So I said "grace" The atonement. 
   After dinner we colored Christmas scenes  and played the name game. yes the name game, it was fun as always. Friday Grandma, Val, and I went to get a pedicure, and then Saturday Cole and Mac came and picked me up at Angie's at 7:30 am to go back to St. George because Mac had to work at 1:00pm. The drive was terrible between Kaysville and Provo. There were about 10 cars in Salt Lake that were off the road and had hit the middle concrete median. Needless to say I was freaking out and Cole had to tell me to stop shrieking, he was driving. But we made it home and now it is time for school to start tomorrow....3 more weeks and then we get another break.
  Dad and Erin will fill you in on Louisiana next email. I don't think They will not be able to send one tomorrow because the are flying and driving all day today and do not come in until 1:00am. 

Love you!!!💟
Mom sxx0x0x0x0x




No comments:

Post a Comment