Monday, November 23, 2015


11/23/2015
Its been pouring here all week! there has been rain here almost every day and we have been showered with blessings constantly. Elder Mendoza and I are both really amazed at how much we have been blessed in every moment of everyday. I personally have learned so much this week and am so grateful for the blessings i have received and the love i have felt. I would just like to quickly share one experience that really impacted me this week that we had with an investigator of ours. This investigators Name Kenya and she is the wife of a leader of the church here in milagro. she has been receiving lessons from missionaries for years and had become what we call an "eternal" investigator. She is very receptive but she is definitely an independent person with a stronger attitude. We love her. This week  we were really focusing hard  and praying for direction on how we could help her progress toward an eternal familia. this week in a lesson we had the opportunity to have a lesson with her about faith that was very powerful. At the end of the lesson we had the opportunity to invite her to read doctrine and covenants 39 with her aloud. we asked her to put her name in place of James and think as if the lord was talking directly to you. The spirit that filled the room was powerful and undeniable. Hermana Kenya felt the spirit speak to her through scripture and is now progressing toward an eternal family. I know and can testify that the messages and lessons taught in the scriptures are real and personal. We can grow and learn when we heed the counsel of nefi and liken the words of the profetas unto ourselves. I am so thankful the scriptures and the personal counsel that we can receive. I know that this church is True! I love My Savior and his gospel. Thanks for your support and prayers. Happy thanksgiving!!
-Elder Baldwin
--------------------------------------
11/22/2015
Looks like they are having fun....I am having regrets that I did not go with them.....but oh well. I know that yesterday, Saturday they were with Robert on this boat and there were 8 foot swells..and it was 39degrees....I am glad we were not there for that. But from the looks of Pat, it was good that I sent them. This is my Christmas present for Erin and Dad. I had a bonus from sped at the beginning of the school year, so that is how it was paid for, no credit card debt. I am taking Elder Durrant's talk seriously when he said save each week and ponder a scripture each week. So I have started a savings fund. This week my scripture was Ether 12:27....this week is yours Alma 34:31.
Last night I took Judy Phelps and Drea out to the Anasazi steak house. It is a fun place to go in the winter, but not in the summer because you cook your meat on hot stones. Judy is a widow so doesn't have much of a social life and Dough happened to be out of town. Before dinner, Judy and I went to a temple session together, she kept me awake:) sometimes it is too peaceful in the temple.
Cole and Emily are coming up today, Sunday, with Mac's truck. They are bringing one of their couches to store. Jim is going to bring it back to Preston next week when he heads back. We are going to haul another couch of theirs this Wednesday on our truck---Mac, Emily, Cole and I. They are wanting to leave Wednesday night after Cole gets off work at 7:00pm, but there is a storm coming in that day and I thinking we should leave early Thursday morning.

How is Elder Mendoza? how long has he been out?  Details we want details.
Were you able to obtain new living quarters, one without mold?


xoxoxoxxo
mom
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/22/2105
Happy thanksgiving!!
I'm excited to have your mom come up for the holiday . She's always fun to have around .
Is it weird that Thursday will just be another ordinary day ?  Just think of this - for the first time in your whole life you won't eat turkey on thanksgiving.
That's kind of crazy .
So I decided to make a list of some of the things I'm grateful for ....( no particular order )
The gospel
Our family
My home
Jesus Christ
Traditions
Temples
Our health
My body
Prayer
Support
Food
Freedom

I'm sure this year you're even grateful than in years past for the modern day convinces. Right ? Family too right?? Time away from home makes you more thankful and helps you remember why your so blessed .

We are so excited for the great success and miracles that you are being a part of. I went to a women's conference yesterday and learned that Tender mercies are Christ's fingerprints. I loved that. There are so many tender Mercies everyday . I'm so grateful for this. .
I hope and pray you will continue to be safe and protected. Be happy. Stay obedient and be strong .

We love you.
Happy thanksgiving-
Aunt Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment