Monday, November 2, 2015


11/2/2015
Hey Family! This week has been great here in Guate. clear skies and plenty of people to talk to in the street Which is a major blessing. Elder Antonio and i are fairing well this week without much sickness to speak of! This week were very blessed. I just want to share a quick experience that we had with service this week. Last Monday night we were searching for a part member family that we haven't been able to meet with for a while. There are 2 children that are members that are both young( 12 y 15ish) and their parents that aren't members. They are a nice family but they haven't had the desire to progress in the church for a long time.The mom is super nice but we were really having troubles meeting with the dad. we had heard that he did not like the missionaries much at all so we were on our toes about meeting him. So we stopped by their house Monday night and talked with the kids in the door but the parents weren't home. we told them that we would come back and left to search out another cita. Just after we were walking in the street back up toward a different part of our area. We saw a guy in the street caring a massive stove on his back. We couldn't see who it was but we offered to help this senor said accepted the help. We grabbed the stove off his back and started to talking to him and realized that it was the dad of this family just getting home. He was very grateful for the help. After helping him get his stove into his house they accepted a lesson. We had an amazing lesson and the mom and the dad both accepted a goal to be baptized the 28 of this month. The door was opened for this family through just a small act of service. I have a testimony of service. I know that if we follow the Lords Example we can be blessed and also be instruments to bless the lives of others.
I am so thankful for your prayers and I can feel the impact in my life every day. I pray for you every day! I hope that you all have a great week!



11/1/2015
Fall is finally here! The colors are changing. Erin and I actually found 2 trees that have red leaves! It is going to get get cold here this week...Wednesday will be 27 degrees below.
Halloween has come and gone. Earlier in the day I went to watch Jocelyn Cornwall ride in barrell races at the Washington fair grounds. I have been wanting to support her in watching her ride and I finally took advantage of it. It was so fun, the weather was perfect 78 degrees, little wind and Jocelyn did great. I was able to watch her ride 2 events. She is amazing because only 3 weeks ago she had foot surgery and removed bunions on her feet. In order to spur her horse around the barrels, she needs to kick right where her surgery was.....so yeah she is tough. 
  That night there was the annual trunk or treat at the mail boxes with a chilli cook off, this brought a lot of people out with some good mingling going on. I even entered some chilli---it was a joke really the beans were not fully cooked even after cooking them for 5 days. I have learned my lesson on beans--I will only use canned from now on not raW, packaged beans.
   Later that night I dropped Erin off at Raelies for a party and I went to the temple. Dad was working late; I didnt want to go home and then come back for Erin. The session was really small---understandably. I was able to spend a long time in the celestial room--pondered and thought about you and what you were doing right then, put your name in the temple. Then I sat in the lobby a long time reading the scriptures until the temple closed. It was great and peaceful, to not to be rushed and just enjoy the temple.

Dear elder Baldwin

It's a couple days before Halloween and I just sent off your Christmas package today. As I walked out of the building I said a few prayers… I'm hoping it gets in your hands safe and sound. I told heavenly father "he sacrificing so much and working so hard for you please let him get his Christmas package from the Martinez family"
I believe in prayer. And I believe in tender mercies. I am confident you are going to get your package. If you happen to get it in the near future make sure you save it and hold onto it. Don't open it till Christmas day. I want you to have a little something to look forward to Christmas morning. We love you Elder Baldwin! Keep hanging in there! Stay strong :-)
Xoxo

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment