Sunday, November 8, 2015


11/9/2015


Hey dad! im glad to here that you have been working hard to magnify your calling. I know and can testify that your works have significant influences on our family and the members of the ward. I really appreciate your letters. To be honest I have so much to improve here! These teachings are super applicable to me.At the moment we are working with a family towards baptism! they have to get married so that is our main goal this week. there are others and I will keep you updated this week. We have cambios manana and i am going to recieve and new companion!! Have a great week dad. Thanks for your prayers and support. thank you for making it possible for me to be here. I cannot descirbe how thankful i am for This opportunity.
Elder Grant.
----------------------------

11/8/2015
The computer was being so unresponsive today. I was trying to attach Elder Christopherson'sinterview in word, and I gave up; so here it is down below. I am mailing it with a letter tomorrow. Does mail take around 2 weeks to arrive?
We loved your story on service! It is so true that when we serve, great things happen, things we do not expect. I remember back in Riverdale when they were asking for people to help old Fern move out of her house, I did not really feel like it, but went anyway. After serving she gave us her micro wave which worked for about 4 more years and some food storage.
Last night Erin and I went to David Artchelleta. It was a perfect night, not windy, cold but we were prepared, we had thermoses of hot chocolate, blankets, coats, and treats. We arrived on time with 15 min. to spare, we had great seats, center section. We went to take our seats and  there were people there. So we compared tickets and we had the same seat numbers. So we went to the box office to clear things up and come to find out I had tickets for the night before!!!!! Erin looked like she wanted to kill me. I said, "I could have sworn I had booked this for tonight.....for sure we can just stand in the back. But instead of doing that I found some seats on the second row, which worked for the opening act, then people came to claim their seats. So we moved up some more isles and found some more seats, then people came and we moved up again. This time to stay.... I was praying that no one one come and claim the seats....After David began his show, we were out of the woods and started to relax. I told Erin that from now on she was in charge of tickets, looking at them and verifying when the shows were. David's show was great., he spoke about his mission and what a great experience it was to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and how hard it was for him to come back. How he was thinking about changing his career path and take a different route other than singing. He spoke of the light of Christ and following the still small voice. I was so impressed on how humble and genuine he was. It was great to be at a concert where I felt it was like EFY and love it. He is great live, his voice is amazing. Erin is in love, she wants to marry him. I told him there are many guys out there like David; David just happens to sing for a living. I told her to read her patriarchal blessing and get excited about her own husband to be.
Friday and Saturday Erin also had a swim meet at Sand Hallow, Erin did well on the 50 back stroke/
On her 50 free stroke she had 32 sec. on her 100 free stroke, she felt like she was going to die. It was fun watching her swim, Cole came to watch on of the events. Then he had to go take a test. He is done with his generals after this quarter.
So relieved you received your package!!!! your Christmas one is on its way so no more requests. I sent it Thursday the 5th...I want it to for sure be there before Christmas, I included your hammock in there. 
Wondering how long you are going to have your companion/trainer....it has been 3 months now. How is that going?
Xxoxoxoxo 
MOM
---------------------------------
Que Hay? Well, today has been a spiritually enriching but exhausting day. I had a 6;30 am meeting and I set my alarm. I got up when it went off and showered and got dressed. Just as I was ready to leave I passed my bed and saw that the clock showed 5:08 am. I forgot to set my small alarm clock back an hour. Bad start to a long day. I finally got home at 5:30 this evening. But there is nothing better than making oneself available to the Lord to help get the work done. 
How was your week? Anyone close to baptism? Any new investigators? How long do you think you'll be with your companion? 
Tonight, I came home and took an hour nap and then got up to study and prepare for my staff meeting tomorrow morning. I am so blessed to have the career that I do. We have what is called the Leadership pattern. One aspect of it is recorded sessions of an hour and longer of many of the apostles fielding questions about leadership. Tonight I watched segments of Elder Bednar speaking. One of the things that touched me was when he said that, in order to progress past bad behavior or get through a tough time as a leader, is to ask the Holy Ghost to allow us to see us how we really are. He stated a warning not to do this light heartedly and to take it very seriously. The holy ghost will show us our hypocrisy and faults. Powerful stuff. As a leader, we constantly need to be asking, "What lack I yet?" Then we need to say, OK...therefore what should I do now to correct it. That is where the Lord, the Holy Ghost, and Heavenly Father are waiting to provide the help and guidance once we ask 
In the mission field it is easy to get sidetracked by other influences. It takes constant refocusing and recalibrating efforts. Always remember to have fun because we need that. But then spend the time doing the Right things right. 
Well, it's late and I get to doi it again early tomorrow. Have a great week. I love you and pray for you all the time. DAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment