Tuesday, December 8, 2015

12/2015-Grant, Elder Mendoza and President Caffarro

12/2015-- Roof of new apartment---finally a dry place, but no bathroom door, AND Grant is transferring, hopefully to an even dryer place.


12/7/2015
Hello Baldwin's and family. this week we have seen many miracles in this small part of the Lords vineyard. First off Our zone was able to meet all of the goals that we set. This may sound like something small but really it was a miracle. There were many blessings received through hard work and prayers and fasting. There were several baptisms scheduled that fell through. All of us elders and hermanas were feeling a little stressed and wondering why all of our investigators as a zone had suddenly all run into major roadblocks in their progression. We were thinking of what we could do to help them take important steps in their lives and in The plan of our heavenly father. Together we determined that we would have a fast as a zone. I am truly amazed and humbled every time I have the opportunity to see the hand of the Lord in my life and in the lives of others and miracles and tender mercies that he extends to each and everyone of us are so real. As a side note this weekend we have the opportunity to travel outside the boundaries of our zone and go have a breakfast with our mission president,  President Caffaro. It was amazing to get together and talk about our experiences that we have had this past week and it was also good to eat breakfast that didn't consist of beans, bread, and eggs. Afterwards we had the opportunity to go to the temple with the recent converts of the zone. We were really excited especially for the Familia Quiminez and elder Bastillos. But unfortunately at the last minute they both canceled their plans to come. I was really hoping they would have the opportunity to come but I am confident we will help them get to the temple as a family. This week we also had the opportunity to move houses. After a about a month of searching, we finally found somewhere new to live. After a little bit of persuasion we were able to change houses on Friday. The new apartment is not too fancy. Unfortunately we do not have a bathroom door, but it is blessedly dry. Elder M. and I were both excited for the change. Unfortunately I will not have the opportunity to enjoy the house much because this week there are changes or transfers I think is what they actually call it in English. I received a phone call last night informing me that I will be changed out. I don't know where I am going or who will be my companion until this evening. Tomorrow I will take a taxi or a bus or something and we will see where I will serve next. I am a little sad to leave this area and all of the people I know but at the same time I am excited to continue learning and growing with the changes.
Elder Baldwin
-------------------------------
Hello,

    This week is all ready over, crazy how fast it went!!!! I hope it went fast for you also. I love you picture with you and Elder Mendoza. How is Hermana Marleny and the 80 year old couple progressing? How is your district and zone, and ward mission leader? 

This week the teachers at my school have been having a Christmas contest---one day is red day, green day, Santa, snowman/snowflake, light up day, etc. I have had the best costumes. There are daily prizes and then for the teachers who participate every day there is an over all prize- a Kendal. So I am disappointed and do not fail to let the judges know that they are weak when they nominate a teacher just because they haven't won yet, it is like not having a winner for the sports teams the weak "every body is a winner" syndrome. For example there was this one teacher who wore a measly little light up necklace for light up day. I wrapped myself in a green table cloth, had lights strung around me with a Christmas lights, with a Christmas skirt.....I also had Christmas lights around my neck. And guess who won? the lousy teacher who "hasn't won anything yet to let's give it to him teacher". What a joke....the library judges told me it would be the best and not just nominate everyone who participates.

Other than the contest, everything is going good. We are healthy this week. I had a cold, but it didn't keep me down, just a head cold, nothing garlic couldn't cure. I am also donating plasma twice a week against your wishes. There is a special going on right now. The first 3 donations were 50 and then it was 20 the first day and 50 the second day during the week, can't beat that. And if I get below 150 pounds, they knock the blood donation down to 720 liters instead of 825....so I am looking at 30 min. in there, I have 4 ponds to go👍.
   Grandma and Grandpa came down Friday to watch Erin swim a 200 free. The meet was in Cedar both Friday and Saturday. Erin did not want to swim the 200---she hates it. I do not blame her 8 times the length of the pool basically at a full out sprint. Before the race, Erin has having a hard time breathing because of the altitude difference, the pool was too warm, and the chemicals made it hard to breath and made one sick. She told us that she said a prayer and kept singing "The spirit of God" over and over in her mind and she made it! She didn't even throw up or stop and she wasn't the last one to finish, which was one of her major fears. The next day Grandma, Cole, Emily and I drove up to watch Erin swim a 100 backstroke. We left at 10:00---she didn't race until 12;30pm. She did really well- her time was 1:32. So for that we waited for 2 and a half hours, such are the joys of swim meets. After we went to celebrate Emily's graduation from college at George's restaurant on the Boulevard. Yes, Emily has her bachelors.🎉.

Love you,

Mom,
XOXOXOXOOXOOOO
----------------------
12/6/2015
Hey family this week has been really good! we have been very busy! We have seen miracles this week and also alot has passed by! we have changes today and have to run into the capital to get my companions credit card. I scribbled down some notes of the week and took a picture. if you guys want to send a letter to jim or grandma or grandpa please type the letter and proof read it before sending. I know that takes effort but if you dont have time please tell them that i will be sending them letter the next week.Please dont forward the pictures of the letters. Its a baldwin family only thing. Tell erin that i love her and pray for her. I am so happy that she is able to progress and move forward with her swimming. Lousiana sounds like a great time! I am happy that you guys were able to have those memories! I also want you all to know that i have a testimony of Our saviour Jesus Christ.I know that he lives that that only through him can we progress and have happiness. His gospel has blessed our family! This week especially I have a testimony of Helaman 3:35. please read it and reflect on how you can apply its principles to your lives. I also recieved the christmas packages from the family and as well from the martinezs. Thank you so much for sending them! the scented cinnamon really is something that puts me right back in the family room with you guys during christmas.send my love and gratitude to the martinezes and grandman and grandpa.Love you guys! have a great week.- Elder baldwin
-----------------------------------
12/5/2015
Granty! Well a lot has happened in the past 2 weeks. I'll be as brief as possible. We left here Friday night the 20th and arrived in Louisiana at around 2:30 am. Robert had purchased a brand new pontoon boat from bass proshop. He took it to Toledo bend, a huge lake that my dad used to take me to when I was little. He got a cabin for 2 nights. We got up early and were very excited to fish. Well, a bad cold front came through the next morning and it goy down to 30 degrees and the wind blew all week end. We got straned out on the lake right at dark saturday as we were heading out to fish for crappie after dark. The waves got 8 ft high and we had to beach the boatin a cove. Luckily there was a private boat launch where after 2 hours of freezing we got someone to drive Jim and Robert to the cabin to get his truck and trailer. The next day we left and went to visit Pat without being able to fish. Had a great visit with Pat and Roberts inlaws. They fed us too much. We each gained 20 pounds eating at seafood restaurants. We went to Dugans ponds the next morning. We found an old aluminum boat that was covered up from Hurricane rita. We got it cleaned out and used a couple of boards for paddles. We caught a lot of crappie and the when we went to another pond, Jim caught a 5 lb largemouth. Then Erin caught a big one and i caught a couple. It was a blast, but so very overgrown. 
We were gonna try to fish it again, but decided to go crabbing down by where I grew up. We saw my old house, my high school, and the 10n acre property mom and pat owned. Robert told me that I own 1 2/3 acres of wooded property there. Its pretty cool. Very large trees and fenced. We had a good day crabbing and brought home a dozen or so. The next day we went back and to a different place where we drove across on a ferry boat. We saw a ton of dolphins while we were fishing by the gulf of mexico. Then we went to Roberts in Baton Rouge. The next day we went out near the gulf below New Orleans and got up at 4:00. We fished all day and caught over 50 fish. We helped Robert tag some of the ones that were too small to keep, but kept like 25 fish. The largest was 25 inches long. I'll send you pictures once I can get them all downloaded. There are tons of videos and pics. Jim caught an eel and a flounder. When he put the eel in the boat, we were all screaming like girls. It was a blast. We went to Pierre Part the next day to see where swamp people is filmed. Bought a larger alligator head at Troys dads store, Duffy's. Then drove all over and found their camp. Then we went down the road to bayou pigeon where Swamp Pawn is filmed. Drove into Rick Phillips swamp seafood place and took pictures. Drove past comquats house:) It was a fun day. Went to a plantation too. That night we watched the LSU and Texas A&M game. Crystal works at LSU now. Robert cooked a huge gumbo that night. The next morning we headed out but it was bumper to bumper traffic all the way from Baton Rouge to Houston Texas. We had a rough day, and almost missed our flight. Ill tell you the details in a few weeks when we talk for christmas. Jim had to run in the airport to catch our plane. We got home at 4:15 am and erin had to get up at 6:00 to get ready for school that Monday. I left my phone in the rental car in Houston, but finally got it sent to me this weekend. We stayed 9 days. Saw some awesome stuff. We need to go back when you get home. We'll plan on it. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Robert and Crystal are awesome. They spent a ton of money providing a great time for us. 

I have been reading your letters and sharing them. Jim especially asks for them. He is very proud of you. We pray daily for you and hope you are healthy and that the language is getting easier by now. Bret says hi. Gonna try to go back elk hunting next week with him. I just got home at 8pm tonight. We have had tithing settlement so it makes for a long day. Im sure you have your share of long days too. Enjoy the time you have left there. It will go fast. Its a time in history where it is a real blessing to be doing the Lords work when so many people need and are searching and grasping for truth. Stay strong, be a good example, and never get discouraged. Everything happens in the Lord's time and for a reason. We love you and miss you. We are very proud of you. Have a great week! Love Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment