Thursday, February 25, 2016

2/22/2016
This past Saturday we also saw an amazing miracle: this is a part member family that we have been visiting since I first came to Ixtacon. The wife of the family is not a member, but she comes to church almost every Sunday.  She is very quiet and it is a little difficult for her to answer questions that are direct. She also has health problems that make it hard for her to walk to church sometimes. We have invited her to be baptized several times and she never did except due to her circumstances, but this week when we arrived in the area where she lived this past Saturday her son who isn't member ran out and started talking with us and he said "my mom wants to be baptized!" So we went and visited her, her name is Angela. She was super excited when we came and we were able to have an awesome lesson with her. She accepted to be baptized this next Sunday.
   I know that the Lord answers prayers and that he works miracles in our lives every day. I am happy and doing great I love the work of the Lord and the opportunity that I have to be his servant I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is my savior.

Elder Baldwin

2/22/2016
Hey Mom! this week has been Great. Just a Quick note, while we are extremely thankful for your support and concern for the swimming pool/ pilla for baptisms. that is something that i believe will be taken care of on a local church level. we will  have one soon! thanks so much. Tell mike that I love him and that i hope all is well for his family. don't worry about my health here we take good care of ourselves! the fleas aren't a big deal just inconvenience. Also thanks for sending the baptisms photos

Elder Baldwin

2/21/2016
Good morning Elder Grant,

   I am still waiting to hear back from Pres. Stucki and helping you raise funds for a portable font. They have them in Africa and they are easy to store and transport.
   I loved hearing about Ernesto and his Family. How are they doing?

So the flea infestation problem is gross---I assume you take them home with you, are you able to sleep? Any remedies for fleas? is there a spray?
We hope you liked the package, the Frizbees are coming. Also I sent off the baptism photos. They will be coming in a regular envelop, in order to hasten the delivery, if you want 5 X 7 or 8 X 10's let us know and I can send more.

Dad has been sick again, we think he had some sort of virus---walking around temple square last weekend in 20 degree weather and a thin jacket didn't help matters. He needs to take more garlic, fruits, vegetables---that helps me ward off invaders. My back has gone out again, it has been out for around 3 weeks. I went to the chiropractor Friday and I am going again tomorrow. So, I am so thankful for technology and all of the great blessings we have : great health care, clean home, warm bed, the opportunity to have healthy food, exercise, showers. I think of you every time I take a shower. You are happy regardless of your circumstances, that is one of the greatest take homes of your mission, I am so grateful for your mission. It has been over 7 months now. It was funny, Mike Hall was asking me today if you were coming home this summer......I told him no he will be out 8 months next month. He asked me how I can handle it. I told him that Grant is so happy and loves the people he is teaching, that it has been the best thing for him. That the people he serves are happy with nothing, that he is realizing one can be happy with very little.

Erin had her first dance Saturday. It was El cheapo, she had fun with a group of 8. Auria was one of the people in the group. They went to a cabin in Pine Valley, made cookies, played games, and then came back to our house for a barbecue. Then they went to the dance, then Menche's yogurt, then home. Pierce asked her so she had to pay. She had fun, kissed him twice.


The scripture i am ponderizing this week is Doctrine and Covenants 88:15,16

No comments:

Post a Comment