Monday, April 10, 2017









-----------------------


Val, Lucy and I went to Zion Saturday. Val gave me a late birthday present-staying a new Hotel in Hurricane Saturday night. She drove down Friday night with Lucy, slept over at our house and then we 3 got up early, headed for Zion. We dropped my car off at the hotel on the way so we would only need to take 1 car, we have a pass remember? So, the first hike we went on was a 6 hour, 8 mile hike to Observation point, it was a "3"  advanced on the map. The grade was similar to Angels, so most of the way up I was sweating and my heart rate was up. It is comparable to Zions but better. There were periods of flat the the scenery changed more than Angels, and it was less crowded.There is  a slot canyon section that is so fun! At the top you can look down and overlook Angel's. I highly recommend this hike, the best hike I have been on yet in Zion. It was so grateful and healed that Valerie planned this trip. Our relationship is now healed I feel. 

How are the marriage plans coming for your investigators? Sounds like you have quite a pool coming. 

Today I had a temple recommend interview with President Wilding, and it felt good to say "yes" to all of the questions.

President Ivy, who was made Bishop of the Veyo ward last October died Saturday morning in a truck accident, he was driving south near the Volcano bend by the church and swerved into the other lane into an oncoming semi. The semi truck driver said that it looked like Pres. Ivy had slumped over because the semi driver could not  see a driver when the semi driver was slammed into Pres. Ivy. The funeral is next Saturday, the 15th. So grateful that we have the plan of salvation!

Love, Mom ðŸ’ŸðŸ’ŸðŸ’Ÿ



No comments:

Post a Comment